Backfire

Banner by Trigonoculus

Previous Banners

Week 7 Banner by Micro

Week 6 Banner by Micro

Week 5 Banner by Micro

Week 4 Banner by Micro

Banner by Trigonoculus

Welcome to a new type of tournament, osu! Battlegrounds.

Join the Discord for updates and other fun stuff!

Concept and Rules

The concept of the tournament is simple, 16 players (and 1 referee) will perform Last Man Standing style eliminations, single life, no coming back, all in a single lobby and one match. The catch is that the staff will curate special pools each week, so the pools are hidden and everyone knows the maps at the same time as each other! Sometimes this will play to your advantage, sometimes it will not. Only the final player can be the victor for that weekend. You must be above rank 5000 to participate! This is to ensure that you can properly play the maps presented to you. Maps will start from 5 stars and increase over the course of the match.

In this weekly tournament, it's a 1 day affair, occurring at two rotating times on each day (Saturday and Sunday), decided a week in advance based on the participation rate of different countries, rotating each weekend. This makes it so that all places around the world can sign up, but differing conveniences depending on the times you are available. You can sign up for either, but be wary of the times you may have to play! Considering it is a single match, please make sure to know about these times in advance! Matches will last around 2 hours, so make sure you are available! You can only sign up for one day of the weekend!

There will be prizes each week, the pools will hopefully have different themes each week, but winners of a week cannot sign up again, and must wait until the final "Winners Circle" tournament. Since there is two matches each weekend, after 8 weeks, we will perform the final tournament with all the winners and you will compete for a prize of Supporter + Cash (Placeholder).

There are however, some small rules we need to go over, to avoid confusion.

1 : Free Mod does not necessitate the use of mods, it is encouraged as a bonus, however.

2 : The Tiebreakers are Free Mod

3 : Failed scores are counted, this tournament is Lowest Score Out, period.

Rules are applying from LMS Battlegrounds (Lowest Score is Out), however, we will be using SCORE V2 for the tournament. Not V1!, so please be aware of that before signing up.

In Summary, 2 Groups of 16 Players will play on Saturday and Sunday, each winner gets a different prize, there is 8 weeks of themes and the final week will be a culmination of all winners competing! Please sign up below, and only sign up for the one which applies to you! Walk-Ins are welcome too, if for some reason someone does not show up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmations are purely for my own accord and to make for a count of heads, it doesn't mean not to show up!

PARTICIPANT LIST

MAP PLAYLISTS

STATISTICS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff

Manager + Organizer: Backfire and DigitalHypno
Map Selection : Legless and DigitalHypno
Referees : Backfire and Legless
Statistics : Backfire and Leebs
Design : Trigonoculus and Micro

Important Info

Dates and Themes

Week 1 (April 7th @ 14:00 UTC & April 8th @ 06:00 UTC) : Japanese EDM

Week 2 (April 14th @ 12:00 UTC & April 15th @ 08:00 UTC) : Metal

Week 3 (April 21st @ 22:00 UTC & April 22nd @ 16:00 UTC) : Summer/Winter

Week 4 (April 28th @ 15:00 UTC & April 29th @ 23:00 UTC) : Nostalgia (Score V1 and Old Maps)

Week 5 (May 5th @ 14:00 UTC & May 6th @ 03:00 UTC) : Backfire's Choice

Week 6 (May 12th @ 18:00 UTC & May 13th @ 05:00 UTC) : Brutal

Week 7 (May 19th @ 23:00 UTC & May 20th @ 15:00 UTC) : Player's Choice

Week 8 (May 26th @ 20:00 UTC & May 27th @ 17:00 UTC) : Piano

Prizes and Winners

ALL PRIZES INCLUDE AN ENTRANT FOR THE WINNERS TOURNAMENT ON JUNE 2ND @ 17:00 UTC
ALL INDIVIDUAL WINNERS WILL RECEIVE THEIR CHOICE OF 5$ OR 1 MONTH OF SUPPORTER

Championship Match : 50$ in your choice of payment!

Week 1 Winners : Skill & SlimeDrippy
Week 2 Winners : Wucki & Chamosiala
Week 3 Winners : Apraxia & Spork Lover
Week 4 Winners : GSBlank & he rack
Week 5 Winners : meltz & kyle
Week 6 Winners : Okinamo & Donkey Kong
Week 7 Winners : likejaxirl & Frosiito
Week 8 Winners : Agni & KingOKarma
Champion : Chamosiala
ETHN
Troll Face for number 1 hype lul
Topic Starter
Backfire
Saturday and Sunday are full now! Thanks for signing up everyone.
Topic Starter
Backfire
And our first winner is Skill! Thanks everyone for playing the first day. We had some no-shows and some delays but it was really fun.

Second day's winner is SlimeDrippy!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Alright everyone, some pretty harsh news, they're not gonna badge our tourney. So it looks like I'll have to come up with some other substantial kind of prize for this! Hopefully it won't damper the mood of the tournament too much. This was the second iteration in the series (I had hoped to move on to mania and ctb after but, I guess now we'll just try to alternate between taiko and std), but if they don't see it that way, oh well I guess. Sorry to those who signed up with the impression there would be a badge, we certainly had precedent but the staff seems to be much harsher about this now. I hope everyone joins the discord and participates in the next weeks as well, don't forget there is also small prizes for every week so it won't all be for naught! Anyway thanks for reading!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Congrats to our winners Wucki & Chamosiala! We'll be opening sign-ups for next week right now, they are a bit more US-Centric these weeks!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Congrats to our winners for this week Apraxia & Spork Lover!

Things are really shaping up to be an interesting Championship, but anyway, this weeks theme is going to be Nostalgia! We're going to be using Score V1 and Old maps for this week! Hope you guys have fun!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Thanks everyone for another great weekend! Our winners this week were GSBlank & he rack!

This weeks theme is My Choice! Basically, I am going to be providing all of the choices for the map-pool, so it may be a lot different than Legless or Hypno's typical pools! It's gonna be a really fun week and I have some awesome maps in store for ya! Hope to see you there.
Topic Starter
Backfire
Congrats to meltz and kyle for winning this week!

This weeks theme is "Brutal". I feel like this is pretty self-explanatory :D So good luck to our players for this week. <3
Topic Starter
Backfire
Sorry for the late post!

Grats to Okinamo and Donkey Kong!

This week is Player's Choice, and we need you to send us some maps to get chose for this week's matches! Use this link : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform
Topic Starter
Backfire
Congrats to all the last two weeks winners, likejaxirl, Frosiito, agni and KingOKarma.

Championship Match will hopefully be streamed, gonna be occurring on June 2nd at 17:00 UTC. See you there!
Wutever
im legit gonna join the discord just to add interest for the possiblity of another bracket for people who suck a bit more ( im 19k )
Topic Starter
Backfire
Championship Match was a great time! Thanks to Apraxia for streaming his perspective the whole time, which you can check out here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268500842 about 2 hours in.

Congrats to Chamosiala who is our winner!