forum

[added] 9 Star Pass/FC Medals?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +206
Topic Starter
Swivelx
I'm not sure if this would be considered a Feature Request, but with "The Promethean King" being a 9.16* map, and with some people ACTUALLY passing it nomod,
I think it would be really cool to have a 9 star medal to commend those people who have passed it. It being "The Promethean King"
[-Akira-]
i think that this is a good idea but more 9* maps should exist in the future and maybe "the promethean king" isnt the best idea for the medal name.
but all in all i think that it would be great to see that medal in existance.
Caput Mortuum
a ranked 10* mania pass https://youtu.be/Vvm7s3Fy6Ek
plus dt, though. does it count for a medal?
MyAngelReiko

- Kiiyo - wrote:

and maybe "the promethean king" isnt the best idea for the medal name.
It is since ''the promethean king'' it's the first 9 stars rate map being ranked. At least it can be like a reference to the map in the future for that same reason.
loafusofbread

- Kiiyo - wrote:

i think that this is a good idea but more 9* maps should exist in the future and maybe "the promethean king" isnt the best idea for the medal name.

It would be nice if the medal alluded to The Promethean Kings in its title, for instance "The Ultimate King" or something involving the word king. Seeing as it's the first ranked 9* osu!std map I think it deserves some credit, and it would be nice to allude to an element of the game's history.
Xinnoh
medals should be achievable
9 star fc is not really achievable for more than 10 people
Twiggeryy

Sinnoh wrote:

medals should be achievable
9 star fc is not really achievable for more than 10 people

Well 8 star fc wasn't really achievable for many people when it was released
Zozimoto
I would prefer it being a refrence to the mapper and the song, mainly cause not everyone will get that in the future, if there will be more ranked maps with the song The Promethean King.
mulraf
pass and fc medals are also given after mod calculation (proof: https://youtu.be/qxFOSgFT_Tw?t=1m11s ). https://osu.ppy.sh/b/884617 has been passed with dt. 12,8*. should the players be given a 12* medal :? some converts in ctb get up into the 20-30* range (like kaede or aspire). they probably aren't passable but i think there could one day be a 20* convert in ctb that's ranked and passable.
i think at some point it might be TIME TO STOP.
[MTF] Wolfette

mulraf wrote:

pass and fc medals are also given after mod calculation (proof: https://youtu.be/qxFOSgFT_Tw?t=1m11s ). https://osu.ppy.sh/b/884617 has been passed with dt. 12,8*. should the players be given a 12* medal :? some converts in ctb get up into the 20-30* range (like kaede or aspire). they probably aren't passable but i think there could one day be a 20* convert in ctb that's ranked and passable.
i think at some point it might be TIME TO STOP.
Nah, it's never time to stop. Maps in this game have been getting harder over time, and it only makes sense to add more medals
Kondou-Shinichi
yeah I mean the addition wouldn't be hard to make so why not
mindmaster107
The highest ranked STD pass is Vaxei's Airman 3mod pass at 10* iirc. The kid deserves a medal.
[-Akira-]

loafusofbread wrote:

- Kiiyo - wrote:

It would be nice if the medal alluded to The Promethean Kings in its title, for instance "The Ultimate King" or something involving the word king. Seeing as it's the first ranked 9* osu!std map I think it deserves some credit, and it would be nice to allude to an element of the game's history.
Ye i agree thats good.
Pozy
Na,no need for it tbh. Theres just not enough people who can pass 9*, let alone 9* fc.. theres only a few people who have done that. I dont think its worth spending time implomenting acheievements that no one can do.
Caput Mortuum
Yeah let's ignore the one who can achieve it because the majority can't. Keep in mind that 8 stars fc achievement exists despite the little number of people actually achieving it.

How hard is it to implement an achievement anyway? Why would they even bother implementing numerous hush-hush achievements if it's a hard thing to do?
Refills
since there is only 1 ranked 9* that wouldn't need to be a feature until there are more 9* ranked maps and since dt doesn't count towards a pass/fc that would be something to think about in the future
but not right now
[MTF] Wolfette

mindmaster107 wrote:

The highest ranked STD pass is Vaxei's Airman 3mod pass at 10* iirc. The kid deserves a medal.
There should just be a medal for getting a 3 mod pass above 9* in general. Though flying tuna, vaxei, and filsdelama will likely be the only ones to get it for a long time
ReesanVaine
Hm... as 9🌟 maps become more and more common... I'd actually go like this:
- 10 maps of 9🌟: Promethean Survivor
-100 maps: Promethean Adventurer
-750 maps: Promethean Hero
-10,000 maps: Promethean King.
Same map count only 5 a day to avoid abusing the system.
- e - v - b-

ReesanVaine wrote:

Hm... as 9🌟 maps become more and more common... I'd actually go like this:
- 10 maps of 9🌟: Promethean Survivor
-100 maps: Promethean Adventurer
-750 maps: Promethean Hero
-10,000 maps: Promethean King.
Same map count only 5 a day to avoid abusing the system.

Except 9* maps aren’t becoming that much more common and can only actually be played by like 10-20 people at most

Also achievements like that will probably never be added
Refills

- e - v - b- wrote:

9* maps aren’t becoming that much more common and can only actually be played by like 10-20 people at most

Also achievements like that will probably never be added
Yeah, maybe something to consider in a few years.
show more