forum

2012 Secret Santa Mafia | Game Over - Flawless Mafia Victory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Two_old
Link to the end of the game: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1295342#p1295342

2012 Secret Santa Mafia (Pick Their Poison)

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you are new to something like this, mafia is a psychological game where the uninformed majority is pitted against the informed minority. The majority, town, does not know who is a part of their team. The minority, mafia, knows exactly who they are teamed with. Every day both factions must, together, vote a player out of the game through lynching. At night, the mafia will kill a member of the town. This continues until one faction remains.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012, December 20th

You're invited to a Christmas party through an impersonal letter getting passed around the office of your job.

Upon arriving, you realize that most of the people in this party you have never even met. It's awkward, while everyone seems to know you by name, you can't seem to remember theirs. After an hour or so of drinking and trying to mingle with co-workers, the founder of the company stands at the top of the room and asks for everyone's attention.

Tapping on his champagne glass, everyone turns their attention over to him.

"I just want to thank you all for coming, and I hope you've having a great time." he says as he holds up his glass. "Let me get this out of the way at the beginning so we can continue to have fun and enjoy the party.".

Clearing his throat, he pulls a small sheet of paper from his front left jacket pocket.

"Unfortunately not all of the co-workers you see around you will be returning with us at the beginning of the year. I've already informed them all privately, and hopefully there are no hard feelings."

Suddenly, the ground begins to tremor and the room starts to shake. Everyone gets into a slight panic as pictures start to fall off the wall, and peoples drinks tip over.

"Don't worry, everything is fine!" the boss says as it appears to lighten up. You hear sounds like a generator shutting down, and the power goes out.

"We're all gonna die!" someone yells at the top of their lungs. "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!"

You start to hear a gargling sound, unable to make out exactly where it's coming from. The generator kicks back in, and slowly the lights in the entire building start to switch back on. The entire room slowly starting to come out of their panicked state, looks around the room.

You see the boss with an serrated knife in his throat, leaking out blood. Behind him on the wall, written in blood, were the numbers.

2-0-1-2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every player will be randomly assigned one other player to choose a role for. The roles you can choose from are all roles that can be found here: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... gory:Roles. The list of roles you can choose from will not be as expansive as that page -- it's merely a reference for how they function. Because there can be role duplicates, the list each player receives may be slightly different, also at random, for balancing reasons.

This is a semi-open setup. Mafia will be chosen at random. Here are the role PMs for town and mafia:

You are an Employee (Town). You are aligned with the other sane employees.

You must work together with your co-workers and get rid of the murderers... before it's too late. You win when all of the insane employees are dead.

You have received the role ___ from secret santa. -role details here-
You are an Insane Employee (Mafia). You are aligned with the other insane employees, the names of which I've spoilered in case you think not knowing will help distance you Day 1:
Your group wins when you've murdered enough of your co-workers to have a vote majority. You may talk with your partners, at night only, in this quicktopic: -url here-

Your group has no leader. You must decide amongst yourselves which one of you will carry out the kill. If you can't reach a unanimous decision, you may vote in the same way you would vote to lynch someone. If there are both no votes and no decision, I will choose the person who I think is the worst choice.

You have received the role ___ from secret santa. -role details here-
Because the mafia will be chosen at random, you should think very carefully about what role you give to whom. Secret santa assignments and role lists will remain officially hidden, but you are free to share/claim anything yourselves.

Link to the start of Day 1: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1260275#p1260275
Link to the start of Day 2: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1268676#p1268676
Link to the start of Day 3: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1277795#p1277795
Link to the start of Day 4: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1286121#p1286121
Link to the start of Day 5: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1291214#p1291214
Link to the start of Day 6: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1295137#p1295137
Link to the end of the game: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=71875&p=1295342#p1295342

Living Players:

1. Chris
2. JInxyjem
3. Salvage
4. pieguy1372
5. Mashley
6. Wojjan
7. LunaticMara

Dead Players:

1. Company Boss (Town) (Night 0)
2. Dusty - Employee (Town) - Vigilante (Day 1)
3. Rantai - Employee (Town) - Bodyguard (Night 1)
4. Sync - Employee (Town) - Role Cop (Day 2)
5. Ivalset - Employee (Town) - Role Cop (Night 2)
6. animask - Employee (Town) - Bodyguard (Day 3)
7. akrolsmir - Employee (Town) - Tracker (Night 3)
8. foulcoon - Employee (Town) - Bodyguard (Day 4)
9. LadySuburu - Employee (Town) - Role Cop (Night 4)
10. dkun - Employee (Town) - Odd Night Commuter (Day 5)
11. bmin11 - Employee (Town) - Nurse (Night 5)
12. Lilac - Employee (Town) - 1-shot Bulletproof (Day 6)

Rules

1. No talking out of thread unless allowed by your role PM. This includes PMs, irc, and messengers.

2. Don't quote anything I communicate to you through PM. You can paraphrase, but nothing verbatim.

3. Votes and unvotes must be cast and uncast in bold font to be counted. vote: Two, unvote: Two (going to strictly adhere to this)

4. Days last exactly 72 real-world hours from when I announce the start of the day. Any votes or actions performed after that point, whether I have started the night phase or not, will not be counted. Nights last 32 real-world hours.

5. The day will end prematurely if any player has a majority of votes on them. Reaching vote majority will also make all actions after that point ineffective, as the day is over.

6. Night actions resolve in this fashion: roleblock > nightkill > everything else. If you are killed, you will not perform your action (unless it was a roleblock).

7. A tied vote will go to the player who reached the tie first. Example:
SPOILER
Lilac: vote Two
0_o: vote LadySuburu

:arrow: Two dies

0_o: vote LadySuburu
LadySuburu: vote Two
Chris: vote LadySuburu
Lilac: unvote Two

:arrow: LadySuburu dies
8. If the mafia fails to choose a night kill target, I will choose the least advantageous target possible for them. If for some reason you don't want to night kill anyone that night, state that in a PM.

9. Do not post in the thread during the night phase or while dead.

Chris wrote/is writing the story because he knows I will never do it. We need an even number of players greater than 12 to start. Anyone want to play? :o
Lilac
I will.
Sync
In
Chris_old
me obviously
Jinxy
PTP? That's new. In.
Salvage
IN
bmin11
I already love the story. /in
dkun
in pls
Chris_old

bmin11 wrote:

I already love the story. /in
thx friend
Sleep Powder
/in

I fail at modding PyP :D

Also, I've been playing mafia outside of osu! so I have some experience with different people :D
Chris_old
oh I guess I better say something just so people don't think I'm trying to persuade anything based on the story

I'm just writing it I don't know anything more than anyone else, so there wont be any way to examine the story and try and pull together information so don't bother

sry I wanted to play too
Topic Starter
Two_old
what you just said sounds shady as hell btw
Chris_old

Two wrote:

what you just said sounds shady as hell btw
just clarifying before the game starts o-o
NoHitter
/in
pieguyn
/in