forum

Nanatsu No Taizai is a great anime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I’m on episode 13 and it’s looking to be better than gurren lagann, but that’s judging them as a whole, each is better in different ways.

Only 11 more episodes left!

King OP. Plz nerf
Green Platinum
Lol are you actually serious?
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Green Platinum wrote:

Lol are you actually serious?
About me liking the show?

Lemme guess, you're gonna say it's the worst anime ever and to watch one piece
Green Platinum
Well One Piece is a better show. Suggesting it is better than Gurren Lagann is the biggest joke I've ever heard.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Green Platinum wrote:

Well One Piece is a better show. Suggesting it is better than Gurren Lagann is the biggest joke I've ever heard.
One piece is far too long and half of it is filler episodes, the battles are no more exciting than Pokemon: Indigo League, and the characters only have like one defining trait each.

Saying it's better is a product of me not being raised off normie anime and watching good shit from a young age
Green Platinum
Yeah? And where does that leave Nanatsu no Taizai? Some generic battle shounen penciled in over a Dragon Quest fantasy world. The fact you didn't compare it to HxH means you already know it is an inferior product.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Green Platinum wrote:

Yeah? And where does that leave Nanatsu no Taizai? Some generic battle shounen penciled in over a Dragon Quest fantasy world. The fact you didn't compare it to HxH means you already know it is an inferior product.
Funny you mention dragon quest.

The final fantasy esque story and world is one of the reasons why I like it so much
Green Platinum

If you think Nanatsu no Taizai even competes with Gurren Lagann on a thematic and narrative level I'll just leave this here. Since 'you probably didn't get it' isn't compelling in anyway.

In terms of setting the series fails to capture the imagination like HxH or One Piece. Nor does it feel fleshed out and alive like Spice and Wolf. Seems like your praise is just for the bog standard rather than an achievement anything exemplary to me.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Green Platinum wrote:

If you think Nanatsu no Taizai even competes with Gurren Lagann on a thematic and narrative level I'll just leave this here. Since 'you probably didn't get it' isn't compelling in anyway.

In terms of setting the series fails to capture the imagination like HxH or One Piece. Nor does it feel fleshed out and alive like Spice and Wolf. Seems like your praise is just for the bog standard rather than an achievement anything exemplary to me.
Whatever, normie. You take your blatantly flawed and baseless opinion somewhere else
Comfy Slippers
One piece is far too long and half of it is filler episodes
This is inaccurate. You're probably thinking of Naruto or smth.
Green Platinum

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Whatever, normie. You take your blatantly flawed and baseless opinion somewhere else
Lol you aren't defending a Kunihiro Ikuhara or Chiaki J Konaka art project; Nanatsu no Taizaiis plenty mainstream as well. I'll accept baseless and flawed when gather up the courage to actually present your reasoning but sounds like you haven't given it much thought, since you hadn't even finished the show when making this thread. Nor did you give the time to dwell on what makes Gurren Lagann so interesting or unique and this is without going into legacies it builds upon.

Comfy Slippers wrote:

One piece is far too long and half of it is filler episodes
This is inaccurate. You're probably thinking of Naruto or smth.
I suspect they haven't even touched One Piece but I don't have the extensive knowledge to really call it out. Besides Filler is bad because Filler is just some lazy circular reasoning that should have died last decade.
Caput Mortuum
how to make an asrieldr33murr thread
1. post opinion
2. get thrashed
3. religiously defend your opinion
deadbeat
As someone who has read all of Seven Deadly Sins, TTGL is better. The series has it's moments, but it's maybe a 7/10 tops.
Comfy Slippers

Green Platinum wrote:

I suspect they haven't even touched One Piece but I don't have the extensive knowledge to really call it out. Besides Filler is bad because Filler is just some lazy circular reasoning that should have died last decade.
But those filler arcs weren't even bad in comparison to others in it's genre. Actually, I consider them to be 'perfect fillers'. It just angers me how they're (Toei) able to butcher a really good manga.

I'm not super into TTGL but I like the contrast between Gurren and Eva. One was a deconstruction, while other's a reconstruction. And what makes it even better is that the timing was perfect, and how they threw something like FLCL in between. Man, I love Gainax.

EneT
Is that what socially-inept losers default to nowadays when they can't backup their own argument?
Call the opposing side a normie?
In that case I'd rather be the normie
Lumyh
it's a great anime better than many i've seen, i have high hopes for season 3