forum

Can someone spec me to help me improve?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maytheforce
The number 1 tip people always say is to play more, which makes sense, and it worked for a really long time. I was playing for a few hours a day and by a week I was able to FC some 3* songs and play 4* songs but eventually I just kind of hit a brick wall, that frustrated me and I stopped playing for awhile. I came back to osu and I've played for maybe another 50 hours of gameplay and I've seen absolute zero improvement. That's okay, because I've been enjoying the game but I still want to get better. During this 50 hours I've gained like 60k rank but it's more because of playing so much and unintentionally pp farming than actually getting better(currently 140k).

Could someone spectate me and point out what I'm bad at, or what difficulty I should be playing on so that I can improve on it?
Topic Starter
Maytheforce
Btw, to give an idea of where I am at right now. For the last 50 hours I've been able to complete most 5.0-5.1* songs with 90% accuracy or so, and I can FC a lot of 4.0-4.5* songs with like 95%+ accuracy.
Greninja
Thats like how much iv improved in the last 6 months tho
DeletedUser_6869432
I just specced you and my advice is play more
Topic Starter
Maytheforce
I have more playtime than you, and you're sub 100k...How?
Topic Starter
Maytheforce

Greninja wrote:

Thats like how much iv improved in the last 6 months tho
You're actually the first person I've met with about the same play time and rank as me, that's a little bit reassuring lol...I keep seeing people with my hours and at like 70k.
DeletedUser_6869432

Maytheforce wrote:

I have more playtime than you, and you're sub 100k...How?
I'm not going to be humble or anything but people have a lot higher ranks then me with less playtime. I'm below average when it comes to ranks because most people around my rank just spam DT farm maps.

Anyways I recommend that you play a wide variety of maps and don't retry too much to help you improve. It doesn't happen overnight but if you keep at it I'm sure you will see results.
pandaBee
JUST MAKING SURE
KupcaH

kacper124 wrote:

Anyways I recommend that you play a wide variety of maps and don't retry too much to help you improve. It doesn't happen overnight but if you keep at it I'm sure you will see results.
loveleft
i'm pretty sure total hits is a better metric for judging how much someone's played, play time tends to vary a lot.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play time/Play more means nothing.
Learn how to play. Listen music, hitsounds or use AR circles.
Greninja

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Play time/Play more means nothing.
Learn how to play. Listen music, hitsounds or use AR circles.
Rank means nothing