forum

Finger locks (?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Karu-
Okay so, I've been single tapping using my middle finger since the beginning of the game. The month of February-March was horrid for me because I really can't single tap using my middle finger anymore. It's locking out for no reason even if the bpms are low. I can't even hold a slider with my middle finger as it locks out entirely. I warmup my hands for 2 hours when I start playing but the warmups aren't even helping. What should I do? It's been 3-4 weeks since I've played a map without locking out
Kondou-Shinichi
try taking a break
Topic Starter
Karu-

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

try taking a break
I actually took a 2 day break, but still no good
-Makishima S-
Take few min break, play short slow map, move back to practice.
DeletedUser_6869432
Are you sure it isn't mental block from locking up a couple times? Don't focus on it too much and if it still happens after a while, id recommend that you relearn using your ring finger to replace your middle one and rebind the keys one key apart. IT will take some getting used to but it seems to work for some people. I doubt it's that severe though.
Deva
Learn how to alternate (or any way of tapping that's different from yours really) and after a while go back to how you used to play and you will see a massive difference

Or maybe just try different positions for your arm/hand because finger lock is most often caused by playing in an uncomfortable position
Cryption
Ive always had the same issue as you that middlefinger locks easily when singletapping for me usually if bpm is above 190~200 whats helped me is soing stretches before and after you start playing and keeping breaks every hour or so you can find some pretty good stretches on drlevi's channel on youtube he has also done some video together with happystick where he shows good stretches especially for osu players. Another issue due to fingerlocking is your own mind always if i start thinking about it i get fingerlocks you should really just focus on the map itself rather than thinking about it at all might be hard but gotta try. Its also good to learn to use your index as a main finger too its tricky at the start especially trebles and such but after practicing it it feels good to be able to do it and its good to start practicing that on easier and lower bpm maps.
abraker
see this: p/6499806