forum

Whats your biggest regret?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ProbablyAlice
Whether it's the one that got away or some missed oppurtunity or even something horrible that you did, whats the thing you regret most in your life?

Mine would have to be when I passed up an internship at a health insurance company as a "mainframe maintenance tech" as they called it. It paid $22 an hour and would have allowed me to get my foot in the door for the career path I wanted. But I ended up turning it down cause I was an absolute idiot and was scared to move so far away from my friends and family. The worst part? I got the job offer at a job fair on my college campus and I ended up talking with the people at the table for this company for like 2 hours. They were great people and seemed like the exact kind of people if want at the work place.
sleepwalking
farting in class
Achromalia
Existing, so that I wouldn't have the conscience to contemplate anything regarding my existence, and have to interpret everything while drudging through disturbing thoughts and my own general discomfort, to the extent of dysphoria.

...Hmm. It'd be pretty hard to answer this one honestly, since I dont even really know what I actually regret in life.

I guess it'd be that I regret not being perceptive enough to see that my family had been tearing itself apart, and that I didnt do enough to ease the pain and difficulty my parents went through. Sure, I was only around 9-12 years old, but that would've been my only chance. Now after 2 years, it's a little depressing to look back at how I handled my problems.

Due to the stress of holding my own against a father who was passionately intense, stubborn, and irritable, and attempting to handle the emotional and physically limited baggage from my mother (she's paraplegic), I drowned myself and immersed myself with games, mainly browser flash games. I became so immersed I began to ignore my parents and their fighting because I didnt want to deal with the stress.

...Even then, I dont think I regret it anymore. I feel pretty happy with who I am, despite my obviously limiting flaws, like my dismal memory, fairly mild autism, and short attention span, among other things involving my mental health like depression and apathy.

I mean, I wouldn't have been so passionate in creating art and music if it weren't for the need of a medium and outlet for my problems. I wouldn't have a motive to constantly try to grapple with disturbing, complex, or abstract topics, and I wouldn't have expanded my knowledge in the way that I have, so...

...Yeah.
DXPOHIHIHI
Playing osu
marimonika
i regret every time i make humiliating stunts infront of people because social anxiety sucks ass
Amaineko
being alive?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oh Hyuk
Buying Wacom CTL 490... TT
Hasubi_old
I wake up every morning regretting that I'm still alive
Foxy
I regret that I never confessed to my crush...damn
kingo1_old
Not saying a final goodbye :/
VinZentVanDough
My regret is playing osu!

n o w. i. a m. h e r e. f o r e v e r
Andreww
playing this game
Ensou
Playing this game :o
Negative_sound

existence

abraker
not avoiding my future biggest regret
Year2020
deleted
Brainage
Playing Doki Doki Literature Club. It's been a week and everyone's deaths are still haunting me when i'm trying to sleep/there's complete silence/i'm alone or any combination of the three. First it was Sayori hanging herself, then Natsuki necksnapping and running at the screen, then Yuri stabbing herself 3 times, now it's the previous two. I've been up until midnight every night the past week and I seriously need some sleep lol i'm getting 6-7 hrs on a school night...
CoinVancleef
buying a tablet
Quibbly
Playing haitai for more than 1 attempt
- Incarndine -
Well, one of my friends recently took his own life, and i kind of feel responsible (even though i know i'm not) and i feel a lot of regret about it everyday.
show more