forum

Why grip always turn unconsistant?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Esplectioned
Ok so last time I changed grip I finally thought I found the perfect one, because I really got a lot of 300pp plays in a short amount of time (like 2 weeks). So last thursday, I just got godmode on Himekoi and fced that map (idk how). Now today I just can't hit easy patterns, like missing an easy note on a back and fort jump, missing random easy notes and just overall getting a lot of shitmisses. As I can see is my aim, it just doesn't sync with the tapping, it's like my aim just doesn't stop the right amount of time on the circle, and then I miss. Are there any tips for fixing that? It has happened me a lot of times and what I do is to change grip, but now I think I found the right one. I don't know if it probably because of the tablet switch or what. I used a XP-Pen g430 and now I use a XP-Pen g640 at almost full area. But why I got such a skill spike? It went up in a moment and then down in a day. I don't know if this weird to ask for a 4k rank player.
pandaBee
Thats normal
ManuelOsuPlayer
Try moving local offset.
Topic Starter
Esplectioned

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Try moving local offset.
Cómo arreglaría el offset eso?
ManuelOsuPlayer
La coordinación. Muchos mapas tienen unos pocos MS de retraso o al contrario. Lo que te hace ir a los círculos demasiado pronto o demasiado tarde. No suele ser mucha la diferencia, pero la suficiente para crear inconsistencia, incomodidad en el grip, etc.
pandaBee
Speak American or else.
E m i

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Try moving local offset.
. . . . . . ... ............... . . . . ..
ManuelOsuPlayer
Tap and aim follow each other. If you tap following music and aim reading the AR/Circles when the offset is wrong, you make a discordination between them aiming to early and tapping to late or aim to late while tapping to early. When this happens the chances to miss at easy patterns increase a lot. You feel a big disconfort and thats why you can't find your "grip" even when you're sit down at same place than yesterday, holding the tablet/mouse exactly same way and everything is the same. But your arm dosn't work like yesterday.

You need to make sure each map have the right offset and not just use the global offset to play every map.
Also warm up your rhythm sense before/while you play songs what are close to your skill cap.

If you use mostly AR circles or AR timming to tap and aim, you don't even care about -10+10 offset, your brain will understand the rhythm

When you aim and tap using music, a really small MS change can make your actual aim playing the map don't match with your muscle memory following the music, making that disconfort, wrong grip feeling, "shit misses", inconsistence... Also the circles reading and music reading don't match perfectly.
UnnamedBeast

pandaBee wrote:

Speak American or else.
NEIN
Topic Starter
Esplectioned

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Tap and aim follow each other. If you tap following music and aim reading the AR/Circles when the offset is wrong, you make a discordination between them aiming to early and tapping to late or aim to late while tapping to early. When this happens the chances to miss at easy patterns increase a lot. You feel a big disconfort and thats why you can't find your "grip" even when you're sit down at same place than yesterday, holding the tablet/mouse exactly same way and everything is the same. But your arm dosn't work like yesterday.

You need to make sure each map have the right offset and not just use the global offset to play every map.
Also warm up your rhythm sense before/while you play songs what are close to your skill cap.

If you use mostly AR circles or AR timming to tap and aim, you don't even care about -10+10 offset, your brain will understand the rhythm

When you aim and tap using music, a really small MS change can make your actual aim playing the map don't match with your muscle memory following the music, making that disconfort, wrong grip feeling, "shit misses", inconsistence... Also the circles reading and music reading don't match perfectly.
Oh now I see. That makes a lot of sense tho, I've never changed the global offset since I installed osu. So the question is how much ms +- should I put?