forum

Paying Supporter Tag via Google Playstore

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Anima-kun
I don't know if this feature was requested before but I'll request it again.

I hope there's an app that you can download and buy a supporter tag via the In-app Subscription or purchase, and probably the following functions (not important but probably wanted idk):

1. Link your account and see your stats (kinda like osu!widget for android)
2. See your friends who are online or offline
3. Leaderboards?
4. Join osu! chat (or pm) via the app
5. Pay/buy supporter subscription (this is important)
6. Buy osu! merch perhaps?

But the main idea here is to buy a supporter tag via Playstore, and I hope this will be a feature in the future, as many people don't have a credit/debit card and just want to have a supporter tag. (or merch whatever you want)
RatSM
Why cant you just buy it from the site?
Flanster
This sounds like an excessive hassle to implement, just use the already available alternative payment options.
Topic Starter
Anima-kun

Qvitt wrote:

Why cant you just buy it from the site?
Some countries use prepaid load to buy In-app purchases in games and services, such as the Philippines.
I was wondering if we can use that as a payment method.

Flanster wrote:

This sounds like an excessive hassle to implement, just use the already available alternative payment options.
Yes, it might be a hassle, but it may reach out to other people who don't have/use debit/credit cards.
Some alternative payment options charge too high and it's just not a viable option, especially if you are on a tight budget.
As far as I know, Playstore still charges, but its a minuscule amount than the other payment options. (I may be wrong in the a small charge)

I just want to click some circles while supporting said circles, and probably a lot of payment options, such as this.
Nitrous

Anima-kun wrote:

Yes, it might be a hassle, but it may reach out to other people who don't have/use debit/credit cards.
Some alternative payment options charge too high and it's just not a viable option, especially if you are on a tight budget.
As far as I know, Playstore still charges, but its a minuscule amount than the other payment options. (I may be wrong in the a small charge)

I just want to click some circles while supporting said circles, and probably a lot of payment options, such as this.
In our country's case, we already have an easy option. Using virtual debit/credit cards from apps like CoinsPH, Globe GCash, Smart Money, and PayMaya are options. Xsolla recognizes them as payment options. Best thing is, you can add funds to them to convenience stores like 7-11.
Topic Starter
Anima-kun

Nitrous wrote:

In our country's case, we already have an easy option. Using virtual debit/credit cards from apps like CoinsPH, Globe GCash, Smart Money, and PayMaya are options. Xsolla recognizes them as payment options. Best thing is, you can add funds to them to convenience stores like 7-11.

Ahh yes, these are viable options, but have you ever top-up a phone number and thought that you can convert load to Smart Money? (Unfortunately, this happened to me, and while I am at it. I'll probs make a request to smart about converting load to Smart money)
So instead of feeling ashamed, I could use the load as payment via the Playstore and won't tax me that much.

This could be avoidable in the future, but a lot of options might benefit us in the future, just saying.