forum

Friends scores on maps and ratings [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +698
Topic Starter
Xact
I think it would be a neat feature if another tab was added next to top 40 and personal scores, a tab for your friends scores and rank on each map. It would add a more social aspect to the solo play and a way to be competitive between your friends. It would also give people more incentive to make friends (thus joining multi more often). These scores wouldn't include the replay, just the score stats your friends have achieved on that particular map if they've input a score and on it. So in addition to the top 40, you'll have all your friends scores at a glance!

Think about all the arcade games on Xbox, each game shows the highest score your friends have achieved on those single player games, as well as the top leader boards, to add a competitive social aspect to single player games. It works and those games receive a lot of replay because of it. Let's face it, not everyone's gonna be in the overall top 40, so it makes your glorious score unknown to virtually any of your friends. If anything, it will allow newer and older users alike to still be competitive despite the inability to make it in the top 40.. at least between their peers they can feel like they've accomplished something if they're not overall competitive or in the top 1%.

It would also be a neat feature to show what your friends have rated the map or even be able to recommend maps to your friends to try that they might've not heard about :)

If something like this has been proposed before, my apologies, I don't glance at the forums too often and there's ALOT of stuff posted in this section.
geckogates
great idea, i would star/vote if i had one free xD (lol i got 3 for posting? xD)
Sterlin_old
I second this.
\:D/
Yumi14_old
Support this
silklash
this is nice.
Tshemmp
Yeah, I had the same idea some time ago, too (but didn't post it).

I am really not interested who is #1 on a map if it is just another japanese pro. I can't beat them anyway, so the Top 40 won't encourage me to play a map. But if the Top 40 are only the scores of your friends the competitive factor would increase a lot.

I want this!!
Sadly I do never have any votes.
Suimya
Supporting this =w=
StarStream
really like this idea, hope it gets implemented soon ...
Wishy
Of course this should be optional.
boat

Wishy22 wrote:

Of course this should be optional.
I don't see any backdraft with it what so ever.

Irregardless, would vote if i had any votes remaining.
Swatty
OMG YES!!!! I want this =D
Mukku
I support this endeavour and will give a vote once I can!
TuKeZ
supporting and voting when i can
MeGl
Supporting this)
hinaskye
I just had this same thought just now and was looking around to see if anyone had posted it. definitely support this, unfortunately i have no votes
Takuya
Sounds interesting. Support
Topic Starter
Xact
Cool to see plenty of others sharing the same interest!
Rii_old_1
great idea, support (if I had a star)
peppy
I've always wanted to do this, but technically speaking this is a very hard (intensive) thing to handle.
kriers
no more one-way relationships with cookiezi! :D :D :D
show more