forum

Talking about Taiko song choice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scioness
What types of songs do most Taiko mappers map?
Actually, let me rewind a bit. I'm a relatively new mapper, and I want to gain experience with Taiko mapping. As such, I believe choosing the correct song is probably important to how frustrating the experience will be for me. So, I want to ask generally about song choice. What type of songs would it be best for me to map? Does this change as my skill progresses?

Thanks in advance!
Endaris
Well, when I was first trying to map Taiko with a "bad" song choice, Taiko mappers told me to choose a song that has a significant drumline in it.
This is probably what gives you the best orientation.
Considering you don't have much experience with playing right now, I'd recommend you to play some bit more to get an impression of how Taiko even looks like. This will also improve your ability to judge whether a song may be suitable to map in Taiko or not.
Topic Starter
Scioness
Hm...ok.
Surono
song choice is not really a significant with the skill (taiko) mapping, song choice for me is something inovation for taiko mapping. but if you want to gain more experience, dont mapping for same bpm as always. just that from I have ever experienced
Topic Starter
Scioness
I think I get it. You don't map the same kinds of songs because then you won't grow as a mapper.