forum

[Archived] Osu is getting buggy-Do I need to upgrade my computer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fishd100
Problem Details:
I've recently been getting pestered by my computer to upgrade to upgrade to windows 10, which I don't want to do. I've been ignoring it, but recently, Osu has been getting really buggy. When I say buggy, I mean that there are frequent lag spikes, and the music sounds "scratchy" and glitchy. Even the website takes terribly long to load, and sometimes doesn't load at all, which makes me think it's a problem with my browser. My question is this: is this a fixable Osu glitch, or do I need to make the jump to windows 10?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
This is an issue with your computer, but I don't believe upgrading to Windows 10 is the only solution available.

Try closing other programs you have running in the background and make sure all of your drivers are up to date. Restart your computer if you have not done so in a while.
Vuelo Eluko
From my experience with benchmarks, Windows 7 with a few optimizations/pruning of extraneous services and features is just as good sometimes faster than windows 10, at least when comparing fresh install vs fresh install, if you do upgrade to w10 and notice a significant performance gain it's just because your current windows installation is a veritable dumpster fire as many often become after a long time as most people aren't great at maintaining their systems; the freeware bing toolbars, pando media boosters, pc optimizer pro's etc add up over the years. You'd be better off simply reformatting and reinstalling your current operating system.

What is your hardware? When did the problems start? At a driver update or the installation of another application? Are you on hdd or ssd, have you tried running malwarebytes or checking event log? etc.

another thing that's handy to do is run msconfig and services -> hide all microsoft services -> turn off everything you don't use
Do the same under startup tab and reboot.