forum

Jun Ishikawa - Marx Battle!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on April 10, 2009 at 7:23:46 PM

Artist: Jun Ishikawa
Title: Marx Battle!
BPM: 188
Filesize: 3500kb
Play Time: 01:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Intense (4.77 stars, 230 notes)
  2. m980 Hard (4.43 stars, 205 notes)
  3. Normal (2.56 stars, 132 notes)
Download: Jun Ishikawa - Marx Battle!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
hi guys
Ekaru
First, cut off the second loop. On Normal, it's just boring because it's the same thing copy and pasted, rotated. On Intense, it's... agh. Having up until 1:42:xxx is just fine, it's not too short or anything, and after that it is, as I said, copy and pasted. So just cut it off after that point, because repeats = </3

Second, you know where you have all those blue ticks because you said that part has incorrect timing? Yeah, if you could fix that, that would be wonderful.

Third, there's nothing else I could really find wrong ATM.
awp
As best as I can tell, your first offset is 4025. Binary fractions of your BPM are all correct (94, 188, 47 etc). Naturally, timing points that are used to change samplesets will need to be adjusted to line up as well - you may find it easiest to delete and replace them, but that's up to you.

I as well as more or less everyone who isn't peppy need to get into the habit of using inheritance for timing sections. But that's that.

Patterns and placements I only looked at briefly but seemed pretty good. The timing on intense I must've fucked up because a lot of notes are on quarter beats and they shouldn't be =x
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
fix'd
DawnII
Here's what I came up with for timing:
188 BPM/4,056 Offset
Inherit timings until:
93.5/81,766
93.5/89,460

EDIT: Changed to reflect new mp3.
m980
Hi

Update BPM and stuff.
Inherit Timing sections. Very useful that option.

Normal
Resnap after above changes.
00:46:73 (1) - I think this timing is wrong. It should start when the timing section changes from soft to normal.
01:02:61 (8,9,10) - Move these 1/4 earlier.
01:04:53 (1,2,3,4,5) - 1/4 Earlier
01:07:88 (1) - ^
01:21:76 (TimingSection) - This timing section starts 1/4 earlier then it should.
01:23:04 (1,2,3,4) - If my timing skills are correct, these should be 1/4 later.

Intense
01:08:68 (6,7) - Ugly section of combo. Move these so it fits in with the rest of the combo.
01:21:76 (TimingSection) - This timing section starts 1/4 earlier then it should.
01:23:04 (1,2,3,4) - If my timing skills are correct, these should be 1/4 later.

Nice map. Just fix the problems i had with them.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
fix'd
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
BPM: 95.00
Offset: 81,914

And edit the spinners before that section on both difficulties so they end a bit earlier and match the music better, even though that means not ending them on a white tick.

Everything else looks fine to me, in terms of timing and mapping. I actually like how Intense ends with an easier section. Though, the ending of both difficulties would be a lot nicer if there was something to lengthen the mapping by 4 white ticks. So that it ends when the strings and the cymbal swell cut out.
CheeseWarlock
Inherit your timing, young padawan. The last section has a different offset between the difficulties. And your last spinners end at different times.

</nazi>
m980
Hi..

Normal
00:48:09 (2,3,4) compared to 00:51:28 (6,7,8,9) - First group are spaced closer. People may get confused about this. (Spacing)
01:15:70 (1) - End 1/4 later. Sounds better. (Timing)

Intense
00:48:57 (4,5) - Looks ugly, compared to the rest of the combo. (Ugliness)
00:49:05 (6,7,8) - Move 7 closer to 6. (Spacing)
00:50:32 (2,3) - Move 3 down just that little bit. (Spacing)
00:54:31 (6,7) - Looks ugly, compared to the rest of the combo. (Ugliness)
01:08:84 (7) - Move down abit. (Spacing)

There.
m980
Sorray for Double Posting..

I've made my Difficulty.

I hope it's alright.
CheeseWarlock
Normal:
00:36:92 (3) - Move back by 1/4 and add one more repeat.

Every difficulty:
01:32:14 (1) - This note is off, and everything after it is either off, on blue ticks, or both. :(

osu! still won't let me time it.
Zatoichi
I noticed something.

Do you want to know what I noticed?

Your Intense wasn't hard, nor flashy enough.

I can fix that.

Download: Jun Ishikawa - Marx Battle! (Zerostarry) [Lunatic].osu
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi

Zerostarry wrote:

Only gripe are the ninja spinners, if you took those out that would be great
Without the spinners, I feel like the map is easier. They're taken out, but I added onto the health drain by two. Not really noticeable, but it kills you if you get rows of 100s/50s. To counteract THAT, I added more new combos (which I really should've done in the first place if I wasn't busy putting sounds on all the beats).

Anyway, here's the updated version.

Download: Jun Ishikawa - Marx Battle! (Zerostarry) [Lunatic].osu
chan
as mentioned
[normal]
01:40:03 (1) - start 1/2 beat earlier?

also @ other mods, is zatoichi's version too hard for ranking? i don't see anything particularly unrankable about it, just really hard.

could change to a bubble depending on mod response.
mattyu007
I really only found one thing that really stuck out to me was this....

Normal
01:39:88 (1) - Should end 1/4 later
foulcoon
This is the best timing i can think of...

BPM 95 / Offset: 81,916 (2 ms later)
BPM 95 / Offset: 92,180

2nd offset lines up the big hits in the music. However,
01:34:70 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - No longer lines up, and would have to be moved back 1/8th after resnapping. everything else lines up perfectly fine on white ticks.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
This will rot in the graveyard until approvable difficulties, for Zatoichi's difficulty
show more