forum

Useful Info in Pause Menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Mattoi
Didn't find something like this anywhere so here it goes.

I was just thinking of some useful stuff to appear while the game is paused, just like this:
SPOILER

Bleh puush deleted it

So that it shows the scoreboard (if I unpause with them hidden, even if I press Tab I will only be able to see it when I click the orange cursor, and that's awful), how many points does the player need to pass his/her previous score, along with how many 300s/100s/50/misses the player got and his/her max combo so far.
And the current pause is often just a black screen (or sometimes a static picture depending on the user/map's skin) so why not use that space around the buttons?

EDIT: Yes, it should be available as a toggle. Maybe by hovering the mouse to the side, or just by using Tab like the current scoreboard. Also, there should be an option for "using default skin" for those that use invisible stuff.

Also, the hit count needs to respect the space it has; sometimes there will be a large number of 300's (or the current skin has big or spaced numbers) and it may glitch behind the menu buttons.
Kitsunemimi
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Backstabber
Massive support!
[Luanny]
supp \o
Ijah_old
This is by far the worst best idea of the year.

You have my support!
Ekaru
Yes, please! Full support, because this would be very good and useful.
NinjaX1
YEAH! SUPP o/
YodaSnipe
awesome idea, it's so much more useful than a plain old useless continue, retry, menu.

~support
Sakura
I love this, im wondering how the hitbursts and stuff would work on map specific skins tho... use the map skin i guess?
YodaSnipe
That wouldn't really work for people with invisible 300s
Maybe just stick to the default? or w.e, but it's a nice idea.
Qliphoth_old
Support Anyway ♥
palion
also display % into song like if halfway display 50% in
Frizz
Looks like a brilliant idea, support
Topic Starter
Mattoi

Sakura Hana wrote:

I love this, im wondering how the hitbursts and stuff would work on map specific skins tho... use the map skin i guess?
Yes. Or, please read the last line in this post (aka the last in my first one above)

YodaSnipe wrote:

That wouldn't really work for people with invisible 300s
Maybe just stick to the default?

MattWin wrote:

EDIT: Yes, it should be available as a toggle. Also, there should be an option for "using default skin" for those that use invisible stuff.
Added this suggestion (along with another one) just now.
Noob Man
Great idea.
Actually, it could be useful to display all the top of the playing screen (with the lifebar, the score, the accuracy, the % into song...), and the number of 300/100/50/X.
Topic Starter
Mattoi

Noob Man wrote:

Actually, it could be useful to display all the top of the playing screen (with the lifebar, the score, the accuracy, the % into song...)
I was thinking of this, but you can unpause it anytime and have a look at the % and the score. Maybe I'll mock up a version of the pause menu with the lifebar and current combo (and make a poll), just not now.
Noob Man
Yes, but for example during short breaks, I don't have the time to really look at all the informations that are useful (mainly accuracy, score, lifebar). But, well, you're right, that's not really necessary. ^^
F m L_old
I need this
/support
all the way
winber1
to be honest i'd like to have a very basic and simple pause menu. i would like it better if there was some extra button that you can hover over or click which then shows this extra info.

but i would definitely support this extra info, since it could be useful
Remilia--_old

Kitsunemimi wrote:

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
show more