forum

How OT is (or not) similar to middle and high-school Japan

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
For one thing, users are students while mods are the staff...
I’m ready to explain as much as I can while people “try” to derail this.
levesterz
what type of japan high shcool ? anime type or real life type or assassination classroom type or harem type or all of it
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
So far I’m thinking of anime and real life, but if you find other similarities feel free to discuss them out here.
Green Platinum
Suicide is seen as a reasonable means of escape.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Whoever ended up committing suicide lost the strength to carry on...
could suicides have something to do with isolating some people from the rest of society?
Naimae
what makes it japanese as opposed to any other high school
E m i

citremi wrote:

Topic Starter
DJ Enetro

Momi and citremi wrote:

Consider the OT subforum as a classroom. Some of us are students and whoever makes threads are the teachers.
Like Japanese classrooms, the teachers move to this “classroom”; the homework can be related to posting a reply in this thread.
Some OPs get criticized, some get praised. We develop favorites, and we develop ones we don’t like.
Capisce?
Green Platinum
Nope
Meah
ranchoddas shamaldas chanchad
abraker

citremi wrote:

In japan, it is customary for students to clean the classrooms. I'd drop my jaw if I saw fags cleaning their own shit on here.

so definitely not japanese
Saturnalize

abraker wrote:

In japan, it is customary for students to clean the classrooms. I'd drop my jaw if I saw fags cleaning their own shit on here.

so definitely not japanese
tag yourself I'm gay
DXPOHIHIHI

DJ Enetro wrote:

For one thing, users are students while mods are the staff...
I’m ready to explain as much as I can while people “try” to derail this.

But who are the teachers? :o
Green Platinum
I think OPs are teachers and respondents are students idk
DXPOHIHIHI

Green Platinum wrote:

I think OPs are teachers
Rip :o
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro

Green Platinum wrote:

I think OPs are teachers and respondents are students idk
that’s the point I was trying to get across
Naimae

DJ Enetro wrote:

Momi and citremi wrote:

Consider the OT subforum as a classroom. Some of us are students and whoever makes threads are the teachers.
Like Japanese classrooms, the teachers move to this “classroom”; the homework can be related to posting a reply in this thread.
Some OPs get criticized, some get praised. We develop favorites, and we develop ones we don’t like.
Capisce?
no, i don't understand

it doesn't make sense for only some of us to be students and some to be teachers. there are not designated thread creators that are forbidden from replying to a thread (being a student), and there is no rule saying that students cannot make a thread (be a teacher).

ultimately, everyone attending this public assembly is of an equal level, so there can be no student-teacher relationship. at the core, ot is just a place where people post shit and then other people reply, kind of like a graffiti wall. but, if we're being more formal about our definition, then it'd be a place where people can talk about their opinions and then other people can comment on it and there can be a discussion

kind of like, you know, a forum
abraker

citremi wrote:

kind of like, you know, a forum
I never once stopped to think about the actual meaning of this word. I always took it as this place on the internet where you post to other posts, not the concept of such itself. Yea I knew the definition, but the "place" and "concept" meanings of the word never crossed my mind until now.
johnmedina999
That's exactly what this is, a forum.

Another thing to relate this place to a stock exchange building. We all come here to buy and sell attention and entertainment, the currency being attention and the service being entertainment. Like a stock exchange, everyone is yelling at each other loudly, looking for potential buyers of our threads, wanting attention and replies in return. Or, some people come for entertainment when they're bored, willing to give up their attention and time for a good (or bad) thread or post. Sometimes trade is down (no activity) because there is no one producing anything that is worth people's time and attention, and sometimes it's booming. There are even bull markets and bear markets when it comes to people making threads and posts, and I know that every regular feels it when the market changes. We joke about the memeconomy a lot but I like to see it that way.

Now, a classroom is not a good relation, and—for the record—all the examples of a "Japanese classroom" that you've given can easily be descriptions of any other classroom—you are a straight weeaboo and need to stop.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
What’s wrong with being a weeaboo?
show more