forum

Cookiezi wrist tapping tips question!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Syneergy
Hello guys! I am a trash player with bright future and high hopes. Recently, I was trying to implement cookiezi wrist tapping with the thumb. However,the thumb makes it harder to stream. So I would like to ask for tips on how to practice it correctly. Pictures, videos would be appreciated. I just want to have the hand posture right. Thank you very much.
DXPOHIHIHI
Rule #1:

Don't copy other people's play style because it will mess you up
Topic Starter
Syneergy

szkiller wrote:

Rule #1:

But that was my first playstyle when i started osu!
Topic Starter
Syneergy

Syneergy wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Rule #1:

But that was my first playstyle when i started osu!
I only switched my playstyle because, i was overpractising with the playstyle and i felt burn in tendons. Otherwise, i still type like him, but without the thumb.
Caput Mortuum

szkiller wrote:

Rule #1:

no
Topic Starter
Syneergy

Eraser wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Rule #1:

no
I am also using arm instead of wrist. But would like to do wrist, to stream consistently. reply
DXPOHIHIHI
Yes wrist is good arm is bad :)
Kishuya
watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hilDUKUOlbY on 0.5 speed and practice
dung eater

szkiller wrote:

no wrist is bad arm is good. fingers are good.
E m i

jaaakb wrote:

szkiller wrote:

no wrist is bad arm is good. fingers are good.
lol this
KupcaH

szkiller wrote:

From where do you even get this information?
Topic Starter
Syneergy
Rip, looking at this thread I am now able to stream using cookiezi's tapping style. Now I am going to proceed learning his grip.
KupcaH
wow, meanwhile I suck and cannot stream.
I should definitely try cookiemasta tapping style.
Topic Starter
Syneergy
Its preference, most people say play with what you find comfortable, I was not using Cookiezies tapping style.

But a long time ago when I was 160k rank I was playing a lot of various artist long stream practice maps and have developed arthritis. Because of that, i decided to change my tapping style.

I saw Cookiezi supports his index finger with the thumb. So I was like why not try it, I tried it and had less stress on my wrist.

However, streaming with the thumb that supports index finger was awful. So I didn't give up, I kept playing that style, I kept failing, and failing until one day I was able to hit some cool streams.

Then because of that, i proceeded to stream all day and fuck my wrist. It was burning but not painful. This means my streaming speed increased overtime etc... Then I was like my pen grip is kinda too simple, why not make it complex.

I looked at Cookiezi pen grip and it was "retarded" as fuck. However, I want to become like Cookiezi, so I proceeded to copy his style. It took me 1-2 days to have its good position and my thumb tip was hurting because Cookiezi holds it with his tip of the thumb.

Now I am just getting used to the aim, also his pinky touches the tablet I think it helps a lot of the aim.

Anyway, I am gonna update this thread if I will get any improvement.

:) :) :) :)
DXPOHIHIHI
How hard is it to tap fr your wrist instead of your arm?
arzi

szkiller wrote:

Rule #1:

Topic Starter
Syneergy
Well, cookiezi taps using arm and streams using fingers, i am doing the same.
If i were to use wrist to tap, i think it going to be painfull for me and it wouldnt be that effective for me.
idk.
Topic Starter
Syneergy
idk here is me playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZJfj7_pm8
using his style and pen grip, you cant really see, because my camera is in a wierd angle.
Topic Starter
Syneergy
So, here is the update.
So, far using cookiezi's pen grip was difficult.

From the start I had to figure out how he holds his pen and proceed copying it.

Furthermore, I had to adjust every time whenever I left my fingers from the pen.

However, after few days or a week or so, I got used to pen grip and my sim was bad. But my practice was to learn cookiezi's pen grip.

So, when I have reached my goal. My next goal was to practice aim.

I played alot of various artist jump practice maps etc.
So far with his pen grip I was able to pass airman 7*