forum

*Rant* Maps That Increas Dificulty at the end

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skinde
Ok... I just finished trying 7-seven-Tv Size (expert) for the 12th time and I despise what the author did at the end, the map is regular and plays fine but at the end, it starts doing jumps without time for you to recover it feels like a final f*** you >:( before the map ends. why do they do that? is there a way around it?.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/282345
E m i
play the map in reverse
abraker

Momiji wrote:

play the map in reverse
That's a good idea for a mod

Rant begin

7k has some serious issues with ends being harder than anything and it is kinda annoying. Even more annoying is that I am a hypocrite by making maps that are harder toward the end. See, as a mapper, you kinda become blind towards practical play technicalities and become more open to creativity and experimentation. When I mapped my first 8* shitmap, all I had in mind is that I was amazed by what top ranked players can do, and what if I give them a challenge. That will be fun to watch, and my satisfaction is their play and reaction. Switch over to the player's side and you want to throw the map into an inferno along with the mapper.
Players just want to play something they enjoy, and a map that is mostly normal with a diff spike at the end is a fuck you.

On a positive note, at least the diff spike in std and ctb is not conveniently in the middle where your combo will hug you before parting ways.

/rant
Vuelo Eluko
the spike being at the start is even more annoying to be honest. If you manage to fc it you're just meandering through this baby shit for however many minutes trying not to choke. It builds up to nothing and may as well not even exist.
silmarilen
I think that map was my first 5.25+ star SS.
E m i

silmarilen wrote:

I think that map was my first 5.25+ star SS.
remember when i pm'd you that we both got an SS on it, i think 1 hour apart, maybe we were the first 2 SSes on it even... Something like that?

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the spike being at the start is even more annoying to be honest. If you manage to fc it you're just meandering through this baby shit for however many minutes trying not to choke. It builds up to nothing and may as well not even exist.
Correct, and if your consistency is as shit as mine even going down from a 7.5 star spike to 5 star baby shit won't save you because you can miss on everything :(
silmarilen

Too bad puush images get deleted.

Also it bothers me that we're not at the top of the nomod rankings even tho our scores are done before any of the scores on it.
Vuelo Eluko
i remember when silmarilen was like rank 2k
silmarilen
I remember when i was top400.
E m i
I remember when I decayed from #1.9k to #6.5k and then farmed to #2.4k in a week

funny story
silmarilen
I never tried again after i started properly decaying. I don't think i could get top10k anymore even if i farmed anyway, i'd have to tryhard and become better again before i can gain more pp.
abraker
silmarilen lived a fine life alone on the farms. These farms are special in a way because once in a lifetime a rare fruit known as top10k would grow. Such fruit promises eternal life and happiness. Farmers would work hard to fertilize soil using this substance called pp in order to increase the odds of such fruit growing. Every day the farmer would go out to spread pp around and gather fresh fruit in hopes of finding that top10k. Sadly, it wasn't fate for silmerilen to find it. Aged old, the poor farmer had no longer the strength to go search out in the fields. On the floor, rotting with flies and maggots around, with sorrow in the eyes, silmarilen carved the last words into the wooden floor.

silmarilen wrote:

I never tried again after i started properly decaying. I don't think i could get top10k anymore even if i farmed anyway, i'd have to tryhard and become better again before i can gain more pp.
silmarilen
like if cry every time
Saturnalize
liked
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
7 seven is a dt map
Saturnalize
quick tip: get better