forum

Green Day - Holiday

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 11:11:05 AM

Artist: Green Day
Title: Holiday
BPM: 146.5
Play Time: 02:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.8 stars, 248 notes)
  2. Insane (4.85 stars, 353 notes)
Download: Green Day - Holiday
---------------
Version 2

I decided against using the music video, because the video itself is horrid. Normal mode is 3.8 stars, but can be cleared fairly easily. Enjoy!
Loginer
Holy CRAP, that is HARD. @_@
Great beatmap, but Impossible truly is impossible, unless you have the skillz to pay the billz. O.O"
Now, make an easy version.

Edit: Get Impossible here, and get Hard here, in case Insane is too easy/hard. None of them are, or will ever be, ranked.
Extor
I like the beatmap, I think there is a bit issue with the offset, because I was doing too much 100s. Maybe lower it a bit.

I don't like too much the use of the same beatmap with 3 difficulties. You mirroed hard to make insane, that's ok. But then you changed the circle size, hp drain and all that to make impossible. If you make an easier version (and check that offset issue) this one goes straight to the rankings, but I have my doubts about the impossible version.

Cya!
Echo

Extor wrote:

I don't like too much the use of the same beatmap with 3 difficulties.
IMO, different difficulties should be a different beatmap altogether, at least to some degree. It shouldn't feel like you're just playing the same map, but with higher drain rate or accuracy.

Extor wrote:

but I have my doubts about the impossible version.
Personally I believe "impossible" difficulty should be hard in terms of fast beats and not high drain rate/accuracy, but that's open to interpretation.
Topic Starter
Puffles

Echo49 wrote:

IMO, different difficulties should be a different beatmap altogether, at least to some degree. It shouldn't feel like you're just playing the same map, but with higher drain rate or accuracy.
But that's exactly the way it is for Hard and Insane in both Ouendan games, and Elite Beat Agents.

In any case, I'll make an Easy version. I'd like the Insane mode to be the mode that's kept, if you guys only decide to keep one of the three current versions.
peppy
Ouendan 2 actually has quite a number of changes between hard and cheerleader. I think we should stick with this - its not like its hard to change the patterns around a bit to make things more interesting!
Extor

Puffles wrote:

But that's exactly the way it is for Hard and Insane in both Ouendan games, and Elite Beat Agents.
Yeah, I know that. Like peppy said, there are few changes in between those 2 modes.

But the impossible version is just too much. If you do an impossible version, do like Echo said and make it different, and make it with faster beats and lower drain rate.

And yeah, I'm waiting for an easy version. =3
Topic Starter
Puffles
Normal mode is up! As stated above, it has a high star ranking, but isn't too hard to pass.
peppy
Hey puffles - good to see you are back :). Can you upload this beatmap again using the new submission interface but choose the "force upload osz" option? This is required when you are posting a beatmap for a thread that already exists (otherwise the mp3 will not be included).

Thanks
Topic Starter
Puffles
Roger that, Pepps!
Full .osz file is now up!
peppy
Great beatmap :). Lets see this ranked!
Loginer
What did you do to my poor Impossible and Hard?! You bastard!! ;____________;
I refuse to let them die. <_<"

Download: Green Day - Holiday (Puffles) [Hard].osu

Download: Green Day - Holiday (Puffles) [Impossible].osu
Topic Starter
Puffles

Loginer wrote:

Why? Peppy, Echo, and Extor said they weren't unique enough, so I nixed 'em.

Do you guys want the current Hard mode and Impossible mode or not? xD

I don't really feel up to making a third "unique" difficulty. Other songs need my attention.
Loginer

Puffles wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Why? Peppy, Echo, and Extor said they weren't unique enough, so I nixed 'em.

Do you guys want the current Hard mode and Impossible mode or not? xD

I don't really feel up to making a third "unique" difficulty. Other songs need my attention.
They don't have to be ranked, but I don't want them wiped off the face of Earth. They're not evil. :'(
Topic Starter
Puffles

Loginer wrote:

They don't have to be ranked, but I don't want them wiped off the face of Earth. They're not evil. :'(
OK, that's fine. I guess. ^^;

Um, so, you just want them on the second page of this thread as obscure attachments? Like they are now?

In any case, just rank Normal and Insane, please. :P
Loginer

Puffles wrote:

Loginer wrote:

OK, that's fine. I guess. ^^;

Um, so, you just want them on the second page of this thread as obscure attachments? Like they are now?

In any case, just rank Normal and Insane, please. :P
No, I don't. So I'll edit them into my first post. >:3
And make easy, or no rank for anyone. :(
...or is normal enough?! PEPPY! :0
DepressedStone
Yay, Holiday got ranked. This made my day, sorta kinda. :mrgreen:
Topic Starter
Puffles
Both the HP drain and the overall difficulty are two notches below Normal on the Normal mode. I think that's easy enough.
Ivalset
The drain might be slightly too high on insane, for the amount of notes in the latter half of the song.
Topic Starter
Puffles
That was intentional, Ivalset. (If you don't miss any in the final part, or just miss one or so, you'll be fine. I checked this in extensive play testing.)

That's also why I have lots of beats right before the end; they help pull your meter back up if you're in trouble.