forum

Annual Ranking System

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe
I thought it would be a cool idea to have an Annual Ranking, much like the Overall Ranking we have now.

Ex: In the upcoming 2012 year, any map ranked in 2012 for example would go towards your Annual Ranking.

This would offer at least a more current/accurate ranking system.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Remilia--_old
I actually support this. . :D
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe
I think it'd be nice to have something that's just more recent. not many people take part in the monthly charts, iono if it's because of the maps or w.e i don't really care, but it'd be nice to have an annual ranking.
MMzz
Actually not a bad idea.
+1
shaNk_old
sorry yoda, much love but its a terrible idea, esp for ppl that already farmed that hard for the current ranking they have(aka me)

that'd just piss off most high ranked players i beleive, at least in my case :[
Gon

shaNk wrote:

sorry yoda, much love but its a terrible idea, esp for ppl that already farmed that hard for the current ranking they have(aka me)

if annual ranking is set as a separate ranking from the actual overall ranking (see: ranking charts etc.) it should be fine i think
MMzz

shaNk wrote:

He never said to get rid of the overall ranking, that would be silly.
ziin

shaNk wrote:

You sound like a lazy CEO. "I worked hard in the past so I don't have to work now."
Shiirn
+1
winber1

YodaSnipe wrote:

I think it'd be nice to have something that's just more recent. not many people take part in the monthly charts, iono if it's because of the maps or w.e i don't really care, but it'd be nice to have an annual ranking.
idk about other people, but I basically just play newly ranked maps, and if I feel like trying to fc with mods, I will try. If I don't, I usually don't even bother to try in a extremely long time (or ever again). I sometimes look at the charts, but I don't really care that much about them.

Back on topic, this doesn't seem really needed imo, but it's not something I would disagree with. My mindset is that if you want to participate in one of these charts, then go participate. If not, then don't. Kinda neutral on this, but I wouldn't really care if it ever got implemented.
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe
shaNk I didn't mean to say we should get rid of overall ranking :P
-Athena-
it's a great idea as long as it doesn't replace overall ranking~
+1 my friend
Soulclenz
i like the idea even though i think ranking overall doesnt mean much of anything
-----

YodaSnipe wrote:

I thought it would be a cool idea to have an Annual Ranking, much like the Overall Ranking we have now.

Ex: In the upcoming 2012 year, any map ranked in 2012 for example would go towards your Annual Ranking.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Then people won't play maps ranked on December 31th because the scoreboard will get wiped out in the next day...?
The idea is good, but we should make the reset time to be exactly every following year of the ranked date.
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe

----- wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Then people won't play maps ranked on December 31th because the scoreboard will get wiped out in the next day...?
The idea is good, but we should make the reset time to be exactly every following year of the ranked date.

People will play the maps played on December 31st so long as it still applies to your Overall Ranked Score. So I don't see your point :/
-----

YodaSnipe wrote:

----- wrote:

Then people won't play maps ranked on December 31st because the scoreboard will get wiped out in the next day...?
People will play the maps played on December 31st so long as it still applies to your Overall Ranked Score. So I don't see your point :/
I was reading too fast and skipping some of your words lol

Well, if you want something more than just add a scoreboard to each map (like adding an overall ranking information about "2012's total score" to every player's profile and giving prizes to the top 3 ranked players, or something else), then I can see how it works. Judging from your description, however, the number of available maps for annual ranking will just get bigger and bigger everyday if it's not restricted within a certain date.

So I was thinking, those maps ranked after 2012 cannot be used during 2012's event, how about that?
xsrsbsns

----- wrote:

So I was thinking, those maps ranked after 2012 cannot be used during 2012's event, how about that?
What do you mean "after"?

If you meant after 1st Jan 2012, then that's what OP meant, i.e all maps ranked in 2012 will count towards a separate 2012 ranked score, in addition to the overall ranked score we have now. 2013 will have a 2013 one, and so on.

All in all, this feature won't really make the ranking system any accurate (it's still grinding), but it can at least limit the number of maps, and is something new I guess.
Sakura
A new ranking system that is similar to what is being proposed has been in the works since before i even started playing here, so i doubt this will get implemented (at least the current idea that is).
Wishy
This system you're proposing is still about farming, the idea is good but it's still the same imo.
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe

Sakura Hana wrote:

A new ranking system that is similar to what is being proposed has been in the works since before i even started playing here, so i doubt this will get implemented (at least the current idea that is).
Oh, do you have any information on this system? I was unawares and I apologize.
show more