forum

New Offset Setting System In Editor Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
jukkaduei
I don't know that this feature ever requested.
But this feature can give you more easiness to set the offset of your beatmap.
In my opinion just drag first beat (long white line) of any bar to the rhythm.
Then the BPM will automatic calculate.
Or if the song has multiple tempo just drag first beat (long white line) of each bar to the rhythm.
(Do you imagine that?)
Such as EOF ('Editor On Fire' program to create your own guitar hero chart). if anyone ever used it. You'll know how it work.

I do not know will you agree with this feature. But it can make my (or everyone) beatmap finish faster.

Thank you for your comment :) :D
Topic Starter
jukkaduei
LOL... No one comment on this forum.
Full Tablet

A system like this would make timing songs with unsteady rhythm (or with many bpm changes) considerably easier. Though, it would be better if the waveform was considerably more zoomed-in than what the video shows, since osu! has considerably tighter timing accuracy requirements than guitar hero.

Song with unsteady rhythm are not very popular in osu!, I think mostly because they are harder to map (something this feature would help with), and because they are harder to play.
Topic Starter
jukkaduei

Full Tablet wrote:

A system like this would make timing songs with unsteady rhythm (or with many bpm changes) considerably easier. Though, it would be better if the waveform was considerably more zoomed-in than what the video shows, since osu! has considerably tighter timing accuracy requirements than guitar hero.

Song with unsteady rhythm are not very popular in osu!, I think mostly because they are harder to map (something this feature would help with), and because they are harder to play.
So what about using this feature with old BPM system?
IMO is count the BPM like the same. And use a new feature in the song that didn't have a integer BPM such like 180.75 or etc.
It will have a useful for new mapper (and me too).
Or sometimes when you mapping a metal or rock song. Mostly it will have a unstable BPM.
And I think that this feature will work well although it doesn't have waveform.
You just approximate a BPM by yourself and drag the next beat to the right place that have a sound.
My opinion is about this and I hope that you'll understand what I've explained. :D
xenonius
a waveform is being added to the editor for osu!lazer already