forum

Your favourite video game music

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heintsi
Noticed we didn't have one in video games yet, so decided to make one.

So post your favourite video game music, everything is fine.(preferably original vgm, but remixes are fine too if you tell the source of it)
Hopefully we'll discover some not so popular vgm too!

I'll start with some of my favourite ones:

This one plays in the central tower in Summon Night: Swordcraft story(GBA), nice peaceful song and it reminds me of some song i've heard already but can't come up with what it is. It sounds a bit like some finnish schlager/religious chant/classical piece lol i don't know.
The game it is from is also really underrated and played.

This one is a last battle in Estpolis/Lufia:Curse of the Sinistrals(NDS).
I honestly think they made quite good job in remaking this epic theme. There are also some other tracks you might want to check out, like remake of Gades battle theme.
awp
Mega Man X, best video game soundtrack ever
props go to Chrono Cross, Katamari and Persona 4
ampzz

12 years running.
Rantai

- FFXI - This is one of the reasons why I like Shantotto, I absolutely love the theme music of her fight. It's a shame I never got the opportunity to play the game :<

It kind of reminds me of Waltz to the Moon

There is one other but I can't remember it for the life of me, might edit if I can remember its name.

For a collective whole:

- Almost the entire Banjo Kazooie/Tooie soundtrack

- The vast majority of FFVIII and FF Crystal Chronicles (Original/Crystal Bearers) songs

Yes, I really like Final Fantasy songs.

Edit: Did I really just put in 13? How embarrassing.
Ivalset
If a song has women singing crazy choral shit in it, I'm all over it.

adam2046
There totally was a VGM thread 2 years ago.
Not my absolute favourite songs, but they're up there:

Topic Starter
heintsi

adam2046 wrote:

There totally was a VGM thread 2 years ago.
I browsed thru whole thread and i couln't find anything other than the thread where ppl talked how important vgm is to them in games.

Anyway, I see some really nice tracks here.
I kinda have always wanted to play Chrono cross because its awesome ost, but never had chance to. I've heard it's quite great rpg too.
Final fantasy music is always great, and i haven't heard these pieces before now. Also a bit surprised that song quality was good in "mmo" final fantasy too.

I think this belongs to here as well.
Zelmarked
LunarSakuya
Touhou Doujin music :D

And Tales of seires or anything arranged by Motoi Sakuraba :)
bomber34
Potential for anything from VVVVVV

Fear Factory from Donkey Kong Country

Pokebis
It's like a combo of idiots.

Anyways, I am rather fond of the FF7 OST. I know it's generic, but I enjoy listening to every single song in the game and the tunes it uses actually sets the mood really well.
I also like more pop-out OSTs like Mad World and TWEWY.
Mogsy

Ivalset wrote:

Hell yes. Then again, this is how I feel about Covenant's OST in general.

The music in Shadow of the Colossus was actually rather brilliantly composed, and fits the game to a T.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon also has one of the most underrated soundtracks in gaming. Comprised mostly of solo piano pieces, it adds a demure touch to the entire experience. Even when not using just piano.

Too many game soundtracks for me to list all of my favourites.
Larto
Yoshi's Island, final boss, no items. No really, this is probably one of the most epic boss battle songs I ever listened to. The rest of the music in Yoshi's Island is also great and fun, and it contributes to the fact that it's my favourite game ever, but this very theme is like woah. It's the reason why I was so bloody scared of that boss battle when I was younger and the reason why I love the battle now.

mathexpert
this is so nostalgic for me, and it cheers me up ~ :oops:

also, pretty much all of mother 3.
Pokebis

Post more obscure stuff.
adam2046
k

Mogsy
k.
Mashley
My favourite game soundtracks are Portal 2 and Yoshi's Island. For completely different reasons :P..
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Anything from Nobuo Uematsu, ZUN, Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda, Miki Higashino, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano, all composers who did music for Metal Gear Solid, and many more from other game composers(whose names I can't remember at the moment).

Really outstanding pieces of art.
Haseo_old
bad apple
show more