forum

[resolved] Osu! Freezing after alt tabbing, but the game still goes on.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bingoliath
Problem Details:
Basically, I switched the graphics device I ran Osu! with to the Nvidia 940MX from some kind of intigrated Intel chip, no clue which model it is. Now, after I alt+tab out of the game, the game freezes, but the music keeps playing and you can hear your cursor moving around and hitting any tabs. I've tried using the Windows key and Insert key to minimize, but it still happens. Also, switching back to the Intel chip is not an option, as it simply performs worse on Osu! and has a considerably higher latency.
Has anyone ran in the same problem? Any fixes?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and properly installed.

If you have Geforce Experience and in-game overlay enabled, it is possible that is also causing issues.
Topic Starter
Bingoliath

Death wrote:

If you have Geforce Experience and in-game overlay enabled, it is possible that is also causing issues.
I had In-Game overlay disabled, but what you said also reminded me Discord also had an overlay. So I disabled that and now it's working perfectly. Thanks a lot!
crashjohn

Bingoliath wrote:

Death wrote:

I had In-Game overlay disabled, but what you said also reminded me Discord also had an overlay. So I disabled that and now it's working perfectly. Thanks a lot!

It works for me too! cheers man =D
Esca2202

Bingoliath wrote:

Death wrote:

also worked for me :D
MrKostas944
but not work for me (( , after altabing steel freeze
Death
If you are on the latest Window 10 update, try disabling Focus Assist.

If you are still having issues, please make a new thread.
Sum-1
Disabling focus assist worked for me!! Thank you!
[GS]Pusheen
Disabling focus assist also worked for me, Thanks!
charmfox
Focus assist worked. Thanks a lot!!