forum

130px+ Limitation on Signature Image Size?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Espionage724
I have a certain image I'd like to use for my signature, and this seems to be the only forums that doesn't allow it because the limitation is a 128px height limit, and the image I'd like to use has a 130px height (2px difference :/)

A simple solution would be for me to just resize it and leave it at that, however, this image happens to be dynamic, so resizing it would just leave a permanent image, which would defeat the purpose of this particular image :p And there doesn't appear to be bbcode enabled on this forums to just resize the image either.

Specifically, here is the image I'd like to use:

To be more specific as to what it is, it's a player badge for a program called Evolve, which in short, tracks what games you play and for how long (similar to a Xfire Miniprofile, or a Raptr Forum Signature).
peppy
You could just live with two pixels being cut off?
Sander-Don

peppy wrote:

This, just cut the picture down 2 pixels from the top.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Sander-Don wrote:

peppy wrote:

This, just cut the picture down 2 pixels from the top.
Resizing it would make the image non-dynamic and thus, make it useless in reporting game info. And I can't set the image either way in the signature part of the user CP because it won't let me :p

peppy
Wow, it's smarter than I thought :). I guess you'll have to make do!
Topic Starter
Espionage724

peppy wrote:

I guess I'll try and see if the dynamic image itself can be scaled a tiny bit smaller on the height then on Evolve's end.

Edit: Out of curiosity though, is there any particular reason why the limit is exactly 128px though?
TBTE

peppy wrote:

Awesome response,

Also does this site have have a 128 px Tag?

Maybe you should check a bit harder?
IppE

Espionage724 wrote:

Edit: Out of curiosity though, is there any particular reason why the limit is exactly 128px though?
power of two is a beautiful concept.
Ijah_old
1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024, beautiful numbers
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Hmm, so that's the only reason for the 128px limit? Kinda interesting, never heard of that on any other forum but it is a nice size I suppose :p

I requested the resize on Evolve's forums and it didn't seem to be a problem at all though. Out of more curiosity though, is there any other forum that limits height to 128px?