forum

4k with Mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Professor_Cube
I have 2 mice and theyre very smooth and easy on my hands. I want to use them both for 4k mania and I cant find a way to make this happen. Is it possible? Please help. Thank you
Tripletth
There's third party software that lets you bind keypresses to your mousebuttons.
NightNarumi
Wew such a unique way to play mania
Topic Starter
Professor_Cube

Tripletth wrote:

There's third party software that lets you bind keypresses to your mousebuttons.
is there anyway you can tell me how to get that?
abraker

Professor_Cube wrote:

Tripletth wrote:

is there anyway you can tell me how to get that?
https://github.com/AndersMalmgren/FreePIE
Tripletth

NightNarumi wrote:

Wew such a unique way to play mania
new meta confirmed
InabaYap
Proof that Mouse. Can. Everything.
abraker
But can mouse make you quit w
[MTF] Wolfette

Professor_Cube wrote:

I have 2 mice and theyre very smooth and easy on my hands. I want to use them both for 4k mania and I cant find a way to make this happen. Is it possible? Please help. Thank you
Umm… you would not be able to pass a 4-5star map with two mice.

Even if you did that, when it comes to stream maps like Cyber Induction, Mario Paint (time regression mix), or shadows of cats, you wouldn’t be able to come close to passing any of them. Even if you can click faster than riviclia, you would not even be able to crack the rank #1000 barrier.

TL;DR: buy a damn razor chroma keyboard
snoverpk_old

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Professor_Cube wrote:

Umm… you would not be able to pass a 4-5star map with two mice.

Even if you did that, when it comes to stream maps like Cyber Induction, Mario Paint (time regression mix), or shadows of cats, you wouldn’t be able to come close to passing any of them. Even if you can click faster than riviclia, you would not even be able to crack the rank #1000 barrier.

TL;DR: buy a damn razor chroma keyboard
unless you're playing with a broken typewriter your setup barely matters as long as it functions, considering people can play high level 4k with an sdvx controller i doubt 2 mice would be much different

also no don't buy a razer keyboard they're horrible
[MTF] Wolfette
Razer keyboards aren’t not terrible, they are what got me above 2500pp
snoverpk_old
razer keyboards are horrible for multiple reasons

-the switches feel like garbage
-they break within 2 weeks
and they cost 3x more than they should

so they're essentially a giant waste of money because you get nothing out of it
i refuse to touch razer keyboards ever again until they make an actually decent product
[MTF] Wolfette

snoverpk wrote:

razer keyboards are horrible for multiple reasons

-the switches feel like garbage
-they break within 2 weeks
and they cost 3x more than they should

so they're essentially a giant waste of money because you get nothing out of it
i refuse to touch razer keyboards ever again until they make an actually decent product
They have chroma settings, that’s more than worth the money, at least for me.
And the switches are very responsive, better than that one battlefield mechanical keyboard my bro has or an HP school keyboard.

I’ll legit do a comparison video on a razer black widow chroma vs a corsair one just to show you how much better my acc is on the razer
Tripletth

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

You say that as if it's impressive.
[MTF] Wolfette

Tripletth wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

You say that as if it's impressive.
Now I’m 4,900pp, nearly at 5,000. Come at me bro
Yyorshire

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

thats nice and all, but pp does in no way correlate to skill level or keyboard quality
[MTF] Wolfette

Yyorshire wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

thats nice and all, but pp does in no way correlate to skill level or keyboard quality
True but a better keyboard helps
Tripletth
$10 K120, come at me bro :^)
Bobbias
7400 pp, and still playing on a laptop kb. In fact, I own a Ducky Shine with MX reds and prefer laptop to that. (and while PP is a pretty awful indicator of skill, it does give SOME idea of player skill. Just as the Dan system, and basically every other skill measurement that anyone has come up with for VSRGs beyond literally comparing scores)

Keyboard is preference. Even if certain keyboards have advantages, it doesn't mean you can properly take advantage of them. The longer key travel, combined with the fact that you don't need to (and shouldn't) bottom out keys on a mech kb like my Ducky makes things VERY different from playing on a laptop, where key travel is minimal, and you MUST bottom out in order to register a hit. Since I'm used to playing on laptops, my technique for playing does not work well on a mech kb, and I end up with worse scores in many respects.

Playing 4k on mouse may be very difficult, but if someone is dedicated to it, they can find a way to make it work, despite any disadvantages it may have, too.
VinZentVanDough
Mouse Can Everything
show more