forum

Where to put cover artist's name?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HaibaneTenshi
In short, I'm trying to map this.

It is a track written by Two Steps From Hell but is a full piano cover by Andrew Wrangell. The dilemma I have is how matadata should be organized. I guess there is three possibilities:

1. List both in "artist" field, ex.:
    Artist: Two Steps From Hell (piano cover by Andrew Wrangell)

2. List only actual artist in "artist" field and composer in "tags", ex.:
    Artist: Andrew Wrangell
    Tags: tsfh,...
    This one feels kinda wrong though.

3. List composer in "artist" field and artist in "tags", ex.:
    Artist: Two Steps From Hell
    Tags: wrangell,...
Which way is correct?

Also, additional question: would it be correct to change track name from Run Free to Run Free (piano cover) or something similar? It seems like rules directly prohibit that, requiring to use official name, except youtube video name of a covered music can hardly be called "official" source. I would say in this situation I should fall back to original name (how it's listed in TSFH album), but then it wouldn't capture the fact that's track was (heavily) alternated. At least for now I use just Run Free, but maybe it is better (and actually acceptable) to change it?
MrMan
Song Title: Run Free (Paino Cover)

Artist: Andrew Wrangell.

You could mention Two Steps From Hell in tags.

Also, as an in-experienced mapper you should stay away from music that has no metronome, many new mappers make the mistake of trying to map classical music or live performances for one of their first maps. You'll be stuck in timing hell and everything about your map will be out of sync. (Unless you get someone experience to time it for you) Just some piece of advice.