forum

Save all replays locally option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Narthy
I think it would be a great feature for this game to have an option where you can save every replay you've done so you can look back on a play you made a while ago. I always seem to have my local replays missing and end up with only the most recent replays working and all my old ones are gone. Its a pain to have to press F2 after every play and the replay files don't even take up much space, just a few KB.
Endaris
Well, as you already hinted...in theory this should work out by itself but it doesn't. Rather a bug than a missing feature.
Personally I'd wish for an option to save local scores beyond #40.
timiimit
All replays are already stored locally, they are only copied when you press f2. You can find all replays in osu dir/data/r (or something like that). This folder is hidden, so normally you cant see it but you can check option in windows file explorer to show hidden files and folders. The only downside is that all replays there are named with some kind of hash. A program could easily be made to copy and rename all replays to some other folder. Maybe someone already made it.
Topic Starter
Narthy

timiimit wrote:

All replays are already stored locally, they are only copied when you press f2. You can find all replays in osu dir/data/r (or something like that). This folder is hidden, so normally you cant see it but you can check option in windows file explorer to show hidden files and folders. The only downside is that all replays there are named with some kind of hash. A program could easily be made to copy and rename all replays to some other folder. Maybe someone already made it.
I already know replays exist there, but they're not there to stay. After a few days they disappear, otherwise i would have all my replays from 4 years ago. Something like an option to automatically press f2 after every replay would be good.
Endaris
They are there to stay.
I still have replays in my local scores available from 2013 and no I didn't export it through F2.
If you want to keep hold of all your local scores you should backup the invisible \data\r folder within your osu!folder on a regular basis.