forum

Whats the best Keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Professor_Cube
So Ive been playing osu! for 3 months and I recently got into the top 10k for mania. The first 2 months I was using a pretty cheap IBuyPower keyboard and eventually 2 or so keys started sticking.

About a month ago I bought a 2016 Razer Black Widow Ultimate and the very first day I used it one of the keys stopped working. Ive just been changing the mania layout cause since then about 4-5 keys dont work Every time.

If you can please recommend a keyboard thats Durable (I slam pretty hard on the keys when I play. Also I have about 2.6 million key strokes playing mania in just 3 months)

And also something that is gentle on the fingers hand and wrist. This game gave me serious carpal tunnel syndrome and anything thatll reduce pain will mean a lot to me. Thanks so much.
7ambda
I heard CMStorm Quickfire Rapid is really good. You can also check r/MechanicalKeyboards for some recommendations too.
Tachyon
Ducky shine is my baby, very solid board
Bobbias
The real answer: whatever you like best.

Mechanical keyboards get a lot of attention, but it's entirely possible to reach the top skill level on nothing more than a $5 rubber dome keyboard. The important thing is that it feels good to you. I personally prefer laptop scissor switches. I own a ducky Shine with MX Reds, but after years of using laptop keyboards, the travel distance on the Ducky feels bad to me.
Domblade
I have a ducky shine 5 cherry reds. Ducky is a very good brand to go with. If you get a keyboard you should really either get reds or browns for your keys, that's down to personal preference, i prefer reds for the looseness of it but browns almost give justified key taps. (idk what i mean by justified but you probably would get it with the difference between the two)
Bobbias
The difference is that browns have a tactile bump when you press them. Theres a noticeable increase in the pressure needed to press them down before they actuate. Reds are linear switches, meaning theres no bump feeling before the switch actuates.
Domblade
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thanks for explaining it
feradg

Domblade wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thanks for explaining it

Kinda late...

I have a mx brown and i think it tires my fighters a lot in comparison to mx reds(from my arcade controller with sanwa buttons lol).

i'm thinking about getting one of those
with an scissor switch... A loot of notebooks use those and they are very precise have some good click sound and extremely light.