forum

[osu!standard] Hippo Cup | 4v4 | 1k-20k | Discoboys win!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
this1neguy

1. This is a 4v4, osu! standard tournament.
  2. The rank range is 1,000 to 20,000.
  3. The team size ranges from 6 to 8 players.
  4. The tournament will hold 32 teams, which may expand to 64 teams with enough registrations.
  5. Registration is international, so you can team up with anyone in the rank range regardless of country.
  6. The tournament will be played in scorev1.
  7. The tournament will have a group stage first, and the top two teams of each group will advance to a double elimination bracket stage.
  8. The Grand Final will feature a best of 13 bracket reset match in the event that the team from the Losers Bracket wins the first best of 13.
  9. Initial seeding will be done by average pp of all players on the team.
  10. The bracket stage will be seeded as follows: Group A #1 vs Group H #2, Group B #1 vs Group G #2, etc.
  11. Match schedules and mappools will be released on the Monday before those matches should be played.
  12. Match schedules will be written in UTC. Find your personal time zone and convert your match times here: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
  13. Joining the discord is REQUIRED by the captain of your team, or else your registration will not be counted.
  14. No staff members are allowed to play other than streamers, commentators, and graphics designers.

15. Any player who is not in the rank range is nullified.
  16. Nullified players cannot play in matches and are not eligible for prizes, even if their team is.
  17. Players who return to the rank range are no longer nullified.
  18. Teams may sign up with nullified players as long as they have at least 6 eligible players at the time of sign-up.
  19. Since the team sizes are 6 to 8, you may sign up with at most 2 nullified players.

1. Registration: Fri. December 22 ~ Sun. January 21
  2. Group Stage: Sat. January 27 ~ Sun. January 28 | Best of 9
  3. Round of 16: Sat. February 3 ~ Sun. February 4 | Best of 11
  4. Quarter Finals: Sat. February 10 ~ Sun. February 11 | Best of 11
  5. Semi Finals: Sat. February 17 ~ Sun. February 18 | Best of 11
  6. Finals: Sat. February 24 ~ Sun. February 25 | Best of 13
  7. Grand Finals: Sat. March 3 ~ Sun. March 4 | Best of 13
  • subject to change if expanded to 64 teams

1. All matches in a given week will be played on the same mappool. The format of the pools will be as follows:
  2. Group Stage: 5 Nomod / 3 Hidden / 3 Hard Rock / 3 Double Time / 3 Freemod / 1 Tiebreaker
  3. Bracket Stage: 6 Nomod / 4 Hidden / 4 Hard Rock / 4 Double Time / 4 Freemod / 3 Tiebreaker
  4. The Bracket Stage will utilize a “last man standing” tiebreaker format. In the event of a tiebreaker scenario, each captain will !roll. The higher roll will ban a tiebreaker, then the lower will ban a second. The remaining map will then be played.
  5. On freemod picks, at least two players from each team must use Hidden, Hard Rock, or both.
  6. Hidden and Hard Rock are allowed, but not required, on Tiebreakers.

1. The match lobby will be created by the referee, and the team captains of both teams will be invited. The captain is then responsible for inviting the rest of their team. If the captain of a team is not online, the referee will invite any other player from that team, and that player will be responsible for inviting their team.
  2. Teams have a 10 minute grace period to have at least 4 players available to play the match. If 10 minutes pass and a team does not have enough players to play the match, the other team will receive a win by default.
  3. Once all players have joined the lobby, captains will be asked to !roll; the winner of the roll will have the first warmup, first ban, and first pick.
  4. The referee can give host to the players for warmups only. The referee will have host for the entire match after warmups. A team will select a map by naming the map in the multiplayer chat, and the referee will select it.
  5. The referee is not allowed to play in the match.
  6. Each team is allowed 2 bans per match. Banned maps are effectively removed from the mappool for the duration of the match and are not allowed to be picked. A team is allowed to ban 2 maps from the same mod pool.
  7. Teams have 3 minutes to select a map; if they fail to choose in the allotted time, the map choice will pass to the other team. This will have no effect on the order of picks afterward.
  8. Once the map choice is locked in, players will have 3 minutes to ready up. The referee will start the match when all players are ready. If the 3 minute timer ends, the referee will force an !mp start 15 command, and the match will start with whoever is in the lobby.
  9. The winner of a map is determined by which team ends with a higher score. Failed scores do not count. A player's score will count as long as they are passing at the end of the map, even if they failed somewhere in the map.
  10. In the case of a disconnection, a rematch will only be played if the disconnection occurred within the first 30 seconds of the map. This can be judged by the mp link. If a player disconnects after 30 seconds of the map have passed, their score will not be counted.

1st Place

4 months

2nd Place

2 months

3rd Place

1 month

Topic Starter
this1neguy
reserved
Bzer

this1neguy wrote:

reserved
reflection
habib what the heck. Where is the tournament for the players that are located in the 3 2 and 1 digit standings ? This is clearly made to trigger me. don't host tournaments ever again. Gosh darnit Hypno osu Habib Classic Frost. I just want another tournament to play in because they are so much fun to me!!!!! Why did you have to completely ruin my plans !! Whast the heck Omfg!
Corim
habib what the heck. Where is the tournament for the players that are located in the 3 2 and 1 digit standings ? This is clearly made to trigger me. don't host tournaments ever again. Gosh darnit Hypno osu Habib Classic Frost. I just want another tournament to play in because they are so much fun to me!!!!! Why did you have to completely ruin my plans !! Whast the heck Omfg!
alden
erectile disfunction
Dab
thats not a hippo thats a fucking ELEPHANT SHut this TOurnament DOWN
Jensen
lmao tourney hosted by a tourney scumbag? ? ? Sign me OUT. LOL. Get Fucekd
Weed
Deranking is a term used in the rhythm game osu!, a massive multiplayer online rhythm game created by Australian developer Dean Herbert. In this game, the ability to aim to the notes plays a larger factor than having to hit the notes accurately. See, the main system of ranking players based on skill in osu! is a system developed by Tom94, called ppv2. In this system, aim plays a large factor in determining ones skill level. This system is in fact used in many tournaments to help improve the competitive integrity to a large amount of players in these tournaments. By deranking, a player can essentially cheat the system, being able to aim maps better than those that actually belong at their rank. Professional osu! player Digitalhypno has recently created a tournament, called "Hippo Cup" for players ranked 1k-20k. Many people are excited to see which group of derankers will be able to take the title of Hippo Cup Champion.
Risa
DigitalHypno Is A Hacker
jms8720
Can We Discuss the Ethnics of Four Digit tournaments??
and Players like DigitalHypno who CHEAT theIR way Into Deranking to FOUR digit!?

:thonk:
Ulquiorra
o
Trigonoculus
red, white, and blue staff
n0ah
GLHF
Nakano Itsuki
:hippo:
achyoo
wouldn't taking average rank of top 4 players be better than average rank of ALL players?
Topic Starter
this1neguy

MyShovelKurumi wrote:

wouldn't taking average rank of top 4 players be better than average rank of ALL players?

seeding is meant to represent an entire team so we take average pp of all members into account.

additionally, this helps to reduce the effect of teams trying to cheese a higher seed by adding 1 or 2 high ranked players to a roster of mainly lower ranked ones.
omletto5
habib what the heck. Where is the tournament for the players that are located in the 6 and 7 digit standings ? This is clearly made to trigger me. don't host tournaments ever again. Gosh darnit Hypno osu Habib Classic Frost. I just want another tournament to play in for my smruf account because they are so much fun to me!!!!! Why did you have to completely ruin my plans !! Whast the heck Omfg!
Meow Mix
It's night time... in a kitchen, just like yours. All is quiet... Or is it? The North American House Hippo is found throughout Canada and the Eastern United States. House Hippos are very timid creatures and are rarely seen, but they will defend their territory if provoked. They come out at night to search for food, water, and materials for their nests. The favourite foods of the House Hippo are chips, raisins, and crumbs from peanut butter on toast. They build their nests in bedroom closets, using lost mittens, dryer lint, and bits of string. The nests have to be very soft and warm, House Hippos sleep for about 16 hours a day.
Omaru
habib kalam
show more