forum

I don't need help anymore. Don't reply to this.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pit_old_1
I've gotten along pretty well by reading the advice given to me, but now it's just a spur of jokes about my scores.

Thanks to the people who weren't there to criticize me.
Tripletth
Play more.
Topic Starter
Pit_old_1
That doesn't help. I am playing more. I'm playing a lot, actually.

I'm not one of those people who profusely denies that either -- it's just I want to get my accuracy back up. Playing more isn't a factor of that.
Just letting you know I was seeking honest advice.
Bobbias
Thing is, you just started. 1 month of playing osu!mania is not a lot of time, period. Now, if you had like 200+ hours in a month, maybe saying play more wouldn't be helpful, but considering you only have 21 hours played on ranked maps over that month, that's an average of under an hour a day, which honestly isn't anything special. It's certainly enough to keep improving, even at higher skill levels (I probably average less play time per month than you, but I also have ~15 years of rhythm game experience, so there's a big difference there)

Accuracy is something that comes from perfecting your skills, but you're still in the early stages of learning when it comes to the actual physical and mental elements of osu!mania. Play for another 3 or 4 months and look back on this thread and laugh at how bad you were back then, because you will be a lot better if you keep playing this amount.
Archaeic
When it comes to improving at higher difficulty maps, lower accuracy is to be expected. There really is not many other ways to improve your accuracy other than playing more. It will come back naturally as you keep playing.
NightNarumi

Pit wrote:

That doesn't help. I am playing more. I'm playing a lot, actually.
It's nowhere near enough, playing more will definitely help (as long as you are not mindlessly pressing all the time of course)
Just practice maps that you can clear consistently but have troubles getting high acc on, it will improve gradually.
Topic Starter
Pit_old_1
Reading back on what was said here, most of the advice that was given here was taken into play, and I improved. Despite losing some accuracy as well.
I'm starting to go for higher ranked maps -- as my first several attempts on high 3* maps have ended up with 90pp! These scores made me pretty happy.
I'll have to remember the things you guys have told me as I continue. I've recently broken the 50k barrier and hope to get further!
nadavv
inb4 your 90pp play is anemone/ascalon/alone.
just aim for 95 on everything
NightNarumi
It is anemone AND ascalon actually, beware those are pp maps xd
Topic Starter
Pit_old_1
Okay, there. I got 99pp on something that WASN'T one of them. Happy?
nadavv

Pit wrote:

yuki onna/triumph im crying lmao
Tripletth

nadavv wrote:

Pit wrote:

triumph/C18 DT im crying lmao
nadavv

Tripletth wrote:

nadavv wrote:

triumph/C18 DT im crying lmao
gg you win. at least i know im a sinner
NightNarumi
Isn’t everyone a sinner? :roll:
abraker
I play converts to farm score :roll:
ReTLoM
Dont focus/compare PP of maps this system is really bad play unranked maps as well and try to improve scores on this maps and dont try only to gain PP there are some charts 3* who are harder than 5 or 6 * charts because PP/Starrating system is fuqedup!!
First of all there are some rules of thumb to get better
1. Play more but still take brakes especially in later stages when you start to feel your hand/arm
2. be well rested if you are tired you will perform very bad
3. dont play 200% over your current skill lvl it will only result in pointless spam
4. dont play stuff you can easy 99.8 Sure you can from time to time it will help your acc/consistancy but if you only play charts like this you wont improve fast
5. play songs you are like the Music/Chart it will help you to have Fun with the game
6. try to figure out what type of pattern you have problems with e.a. Jacks than search a few jack songs and play them when you start and end your session
7. dont play the same chart over and over again like 20times per week :) you will start to mindblock
8. start to play 7k asap most 4k players regret not to do it because 4k gets boring at some point 8-) 8-)
9. Random helps with uncommon patterns "i dont think it will help a lot in 4k but in higher K-Mods it helps with non symmetrical stuff"
10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
Noderum
Replied.
Tripletth
Top 10 saddest anime endings
[MTF] Wolfette

Pit wrote:

I've gotten along pretty well by reading the advice given to me, but now it's just a spur of jokes about my scores.

How did you gain 2,375pp in a month?

Liveplay or you’re a hacker
nadavv

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Pit wrote:

How did you gain 2,375pp in a month?

Liveplay or you’re a hacker
new civilization confirmed
show more