forum

Does HT help you to improve?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naoise
My skill range is around high1*-mid2* maps
I find patterns in 1-2* maps boring (even when i can't play it) so I start to play high 3*/low4* maps with HT on.
Is it a good thing to help me improve?
(no "pls enjoy game" pls)
Akanagi
Yes, HT is best mod.
pandaBee
Yes, it does.
Yolshka
Maybe on some specific maps sure.
But I wouldn't say so.
You could just play harder stuff.

I do smell some heavy pp though if you can acc it.
Might not even be that fair.

Speed changing mods smh.
Akanagi

Yolshka wrote:

Speed changing mods smh.
Ht is pretty much the opposite of DT in terms of pp. You have high difficulty patterns / reading which doesn't get calculated by the algorithm.
There's a reason you won't find anyone playing HT for pp / see it in anyones top plays.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/554084 SS HT is 159 pp for example. GL.
pandaBee

Yolshka wrote:

Speed changing mods smh.
He's asking about improvement though, not pp farming xd
HT is actually very good for practice, specially since there's a huge bias towards high bpm songs being mapped. It helps you train at those patterns and such that you won't generally get as much of in lower stars. The only downside is that the music will sound crummy :|
Yolshka

pandaBee wrote:

Yolshka wrote:

Speed changing mods smh.
He's asking about improvement though, not pp farming xd
HT is actually very good for practice, specially since there's a huge bias towards high bpm songs being mapped. It helps you train at those patterns and such that you won't generally get as much of in lower stars. The only downside is that the music will sound crummy :|

I thought the same thing and then asked ranefire about it and he turned me down lol.
I'm doing it rn anway, but can only find a couple of maps where this is true, the rest is almost the same as a slow but high * nomod.

Rayne wrote:

Ht is pretty much the opposite of DT in terms of pp. You have high difficulty patterns / reading which doesn't get calculated by the algorithm.
There's a reason you won't find anyone playing HT for pp / see it in anyones top plays.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/554084 SS HT is 159 pp for example. GL.
rayne don't try to HT anything under ar10 or od 10 for that matter. Surely you don't expect an od 6. something map to give any pp.
If you do so ADD HR and voilá you can read it. And if you can acc aswell then there's pp.For some reason ar10+ht is ar9.
It just makes the maps easier, there's no argument about that.
pandaBee

Yolshka wrote:

I thought the same thing and then asked ranefire about it and he turned me down lol.
I'm doing it rn anway, but can only find a couple of maps where this is true, the rest is almost the same as a slow but high * nomod.
I've been playing around with it a lot since I came back since I couldn't play anything and I feel it has helped me. Generally I like to use HT for any map that I feel is too fast for me but that I feel like is worth practicing. Then I'll come back later and try it at normal speed, sometimes I can play it quite well at that point, other times I still can't so I just try to improve my HT score on it.

Lately I've been playing around BPMs on beatmaps and a 0.9-0.8 speed modifier is pretty sweet for practice. 0.75 (HT) is a bit much for most maps.
B1rd
HT is the best mod
Pampilius
nomod is the best way to improve imo (when u get 5 star nomod fcs, try some dt on 3-4 star maps for speed practice etc)
Thirty30
Will try HT sometime and get back to you.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I used it to improve some things.
Remember to had S/SS on almost everysingle 2* map i had played. But then i find a couple maps where i has a C.
I tryied to get an A but was imposible to even get a B.
I used HalfTime mod to learn to do those patterns. Was maps withs tons of doubles.
I also played tengaku 4*-5* with HalfTime long time ago when i was watching that map as something really hard to read. And while playing i understand the pattern perfectly and could start to be able to play hardest maps to read.
I used it trying to improve my acc at some specific stream patterns old map style.
Also i use halftime a lot at 1* maps training muscle memory. Slow consistenly movements during really long time work your muscles more than 7* maps.