forum

How to retain skill over long-term inactivity?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Patra
Due to school and personal reasons, I can't play osu! very often.
I can only allocate a few hours every weekend.

Is there a way to retain osu! skills (and rank) during long-term inactivity?
pandaBee
I took a two and a half year break, came back and caught back up in a week or so. It's not that bad to be honest. It's not hard to relearn your skills.
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

I took a two and a half year break, came back and caught back up in a week or so. It's not that bad to be honest. It's not hard to relearn your skills.
Lol took me 2-10 months depending on skill and i still didn't regain my 2015 singletap 8-) 8-) 8-)
pandaBee

Momiji wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Lol took me 2-10 months depending on skill and i still didn't regain my 2015 singletap 8-) 8-) 8-)
I left because peppy took my fingers away, came back and decided to try tapX. I played it like a retard for the first few days until I realized that you have to use K2 as your active key, not K1, as osu will not register some clicks with K1 if M1 is held down (and vice versa?) - thanks peppy.

And then in like a week I was better than I was before other than aim, since my fingers were the problem all along xd
I can finally strim now ;) for the cheap price of my fingers and my soul.
Torgairon
retaining your skill isn't too hard, it's improving that's the issue if you're only going to put in a few hours a week. that applies to any competitive game unless you were born to play it, not just osu!

don't worry about your rank, it's meaningless. don't do the same thing I did when I took time off and spam a bunch of farm maps to make up for losing rank; when you inevitably FC one and get a bunch of inflated PP, you're just drawing towards a point where your PP is way above your actual skill level and only maps at a level you have no chance of FC'ing unless they're TV size will raise your rank anymore.