forum

Suddenly really bad at Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
choppy319
So a few days ago, I was on a high, where I was performing at the best I've ever played my entire life (very close to 6 stars).

However, recently, my skill level has dropped tremendously, and it's not that I can't read the maps anymore, it's more so that my fingers won't cope the way they used to. It's almost as if I've lost all rythm, and my fingers pause and just won't respond whenever there's even a simple set of consecutive jumps.

It seems to be getting worse, today I simply just could not play even 4 1/2 star maps. I've thus decided to take a break for a week to see how that goes. Is it a mental thing? Loss of confidence maybe? Perhaps I'm just having a few bad days. Has any of this happened to you guys?

Any information will be much appreciated!
Festivity
Happens to me everytime I play the game for hours and I tilt. I can’t even get past the first 10 notes after a lot of attempts with FC on a beatmap. What I did is I took a break for a while. And when I came back to the game, my mind was fresh and was doing great. So, you’re probably just really tilted and exhausted. Try taking a break, I really think it will help you.
Iyouka
Try to get some break
You are tired i'm sure about it
You can get RSI if you manage to continue with your 'tired-ness' maybe
Topic Starter
choppy319

Festivity wrote:

Happens to me everytime I play the game for hours and I tilt. I can’t even get past the first 10 notes after a lot of attempts with FC on a beatmap. What I did is I took a break for a while. And when I came back to the game, my mind was fresh and was doing great. So, you’re probably just really tilted and exhausted. Try taking a break, I really think it will help you.
Yeah, I'll be sure to give myself a break. Thanks for the reply!
Topic Starter
choppy319

OrbZaXor wrote:

Try to get some break
You are tired i'm sure about it
You can get RSI if you manage to continue with your 'tired-ness' maybe
Thanks!
WilLight
I believe, when you were at your highest you played a lot. Your muscles do get better at stuff you do often, but they also get tired. Take a break, relax, do something else. Generally, it's not a thing that needs weeks of rest so you will return to being a circle clicking beast the very next day.
twirl_old_1
i think its skill deterioration!
himiken
This happens to me too. I think all you need is to warm up a bit before playing other high star map. This happens to me all the time where I feel as if though I can't jump for sht and find that I miss a lot of notes. Either warm up by playing a map you know by heart or rest a bit before attempting that map since you are probably tilted.
DXPOHIHIHI
I'm 100% sure this happens to everyone, no doubt about it.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I have it sometimes too.
I think it's because you play easy maps and improve. Due to that suddent improve you pass from miss at 4* to get 5* fc first try. Your confidence ups and you start playing maps out of your skill expecting a lot. While doing it you fuck up and also you stop play the maps what make you improve tons a few days ago. So you build wrong muscle memory retrying at 5-6-7* and you stop build it at 3-4*. 2 things what after a little while destroy you, and make you unable to play until you recover/you refresh your muscle memory at easier maps, and get consistent at hardest ones without question your skill due to a shit miss at a map totally out of your skill.

This is my teory about that problem what happens to everyone. Also being tired and focus less, being exalted are other factors to add.
In general focus on maps where you can get around 96% acc or something like that if you want to be at your best right now. Play everything, but mainly focused on S maps.
bigboi34
the same thing happend to me and even after takeing a break im still doing bad
its being happinig for 3 days now
Seat Ibiza TDI
You should take a break, but just 1 or 2 days, or else you might lose some skill.
Play other games and stuff and when you come back you will be fresh and play better :)
Ang Zhi Wei

choppy319 wrote:

So a few days ago, I was on a high, where I was performing at the best I've ever played my entire life (very close to 6 stars).

However, recently, my skill level has dropped tremendously, and it's not that I can't read the maps anymore, it's more so that my fingers won't cope the way they used to. It's almost as if I've lost all rythm, and my fingers pause and just won't respond whenever there's even a simple set of consecutive jumps.

It seems to be getting worse, today I simply just could not play even 4 1/2 star maps. I've thus decided to take a break for a week to see how that goes. Is it a mental thing? Loss of confidence maybe? Perhaps I'm just having a few bad days. Has any of this happened to you guys?

Any information will be much appreciated!

It has happened to me a lot,usually i would rage,take a break,then come back again.Everyone has those bad days.You just need to wait it out.
manip910
lol
Ginjo
I guess the way to get the feeling back to the game like a beast and hitting high scores is to take a break about 1-2 weeks or to start a new memory that may take about a month. It also happened to me after not playing Osu! For 2-3 days somehow, my fingers wont cope and press at the right time or just playing terrible. It does really tilt people and it is very exhausting and annoying trying to get back to your average or good skills and knowing that you can play very good and well. But you just keep dragging and losing ending up hating the game or maybe yourself.
MusicRitman
Try to play some multiplayer. Also don't worry about your scores, just keep playing.
Also try to find your problem here, maybe will help
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/187364
click something
Take a break and then try playing calmly don't play 6 stars map instantly just play what you think is best for you atm and your skill will come back eventually (i hope)
Boltiv
When you had a long break then you can't instantly FC a 6* map or if your hand are cold then you can't tipp so consistent just play a little and then it should get better soon ! :D