forum

Inconsistent Timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caim1231
so im at about 4.5k pp now, but my timing is still the worst thing ive ever seen, but it feels more like timing is based on luck than skill (im not saying it is, just saying thats what it feels like . I try to hit the key as soon as the note is aligned with the arrow symbol at the bottom, and sometimes it leads to a marvelous, but sometimes it leads to a great and I can't tell the difference at all. This is messing me up really bad, especially on stream based songs where I hit 3/4 of the stream with a great instead of a perfect/marvelous. Is there any sort of tip you can give me or am I just plain screwed?
Yyorshire
osumania wasnt really meant to be played with arrows (this doesnt mean that you cant or shouldnt, I play with arrows) and your hitposition for your skin might be off as well

as for the accuracy of some hits feeling like luck i can understand, manias timing windows are kinda dumb imo and the variation between maps based on different OD's doesn't help either

all in all play more
Bobbias
Try not to focus on visually lining things up. Pay attention to the music and try to read the note patterns and figure out what the timing will be based on the music and patterns you see. One way to train this skill is to use hidden or flashlight until you match or beat your nomod accuracy on stuff.
NightNarumi
Try to base your timings on 80% hearing and 20% visuals.
Your accuracy will improve over time, you may or may not realize it but it will improve slowly but surely no matter what