forum

mouse dpi used by top level players?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Moment2Forever
So I was wondering if people that can play in insane mode or know what kind of set ups the top level players use, could tell me, what dpi range are people using? I know some people use tablets, but for the mouse users. oh and also, I'm guessing that they do hits with the keyboard instead of clicking with the mouse, but not sure.

and please dont say to do what feels comfortable to you, I want to get better by copying every aspect of pro players
Mesita
i can play insane, and i use:
logitech g9x 400 dpi, 1000 hz, windows sens 9/11, no mouse precision, osu! 1.0x, no mouse precision. Mousepad steelseries qck mass medium size. Also mouse + keyboard(z/x).
Dunno about the top level players, but i hope it helps.

ps: you might want to check this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11826
nrl
I want to get better by copying every aspect of pro players
You won't improve by copying other players. Find what works best for you, and practice, practice, practice.

There's no magic formula for success.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I did exactly what you told me not to. I'm sorry about that, but it's still the right answer. What's best for you is either A) whatever you're used to, or B) whatever you perform well with.
Backfire
50 dpi.
Denebola_old
Anything over 400/800 doesn't matter. (Can't recall which number off the top of my head)
Espionage724
Logitech M100 Mouse, 1000Mhz usb mouse driver mod, 1.0/Percision in osu!, default mouse accel in Win7/no enhance movement, $2 mouse pad from some store. I'm in no way a "top player" though :p But I think my mouse accuracy is just fine on osu! (I never used an actual gaming mouse or anything above a $15 mouse, only optical).
eumate
I used 1200 Dpi till i switched to tablet. 1.2x in osu, and 6/12 in windows mouse sensitivity. Its important to have 6 dots in windows, because over taht , it wont make your mouse faster, it just skips some dots. If u want it more sensitive, just put your dpi valuehiher on your mouse, or osu, but dont go over 6/12.
kriers
450 dpi. 6/11 windows. 1.0x osu! 1366x768.
It doesn't matter how much or little you move... it's all about preference and working hard to perfect a play style.
It might be because I can't comprehend higher dpi (highest I've played with was 1600 dpi...), but I don't see how 3-5k dpi can be beneficial in any way. It might be possible for beginners, but it just doesn't seem to go just as well with a higher level of play as many of the better mouse players out there rarely play with a particularly high dpi. (Silvia 1k, Mesita 400, Doomsday 800, aevv 1800, shaggon 2400/2600 etc. etc.)
bigboco
1600dpi, 1.0 in osu, 5/11 in windows, 21.5'' 1080p screen.
A slow laptop can also limit your performance.
mochi
er. I don't really consider myself a top level player but I use 2500dpi and default settings for windows and osu options.

Resolution I use for osu is 1440x900

I can't play very well when I have to move my arm to reach some notes so I use high dpi.
M A D R O L L A
I'm supermegatop player and I use only mouse with 600dpi
billy96

Espionage724 wrote:

Logitech M100 Mouse, 1000Mhz usb mouse driver mod, 1.0/Percision in osu!, default mouse accel in Win7/no enhance movement, $2 mouse pad from some store. I'm in no way a "top player" though :p But I think my mouse accuracy is just fine on osu! (I never used an actual gaming mouse or anything above a $15 mouse, only optical).
Mhz, are you serious?

i use a 1000dpi Dual-Optical Mouse with 500hz OC polling rate (1000hz is too high and a waste of CPU resources), i also use a 1:1 mouse tweak, 1.6x in Osu! and table for the mousepad:p. i use W and E instead Z and X, coz my hand is used at playing FPS games. I can play insane beatmaps (well, not insanely insane beatmaps like Banned Forever) somewhat well.

SPOILER
You don't need gaming mouse for *just* playing osu!, just keep playing and playing until you get used to Insane beatmaps. You know, at first, you're weak, but eventually, you'll get stronger, faster, and better
limneosgreen
i use 1600dpi for osu, lol
Joof
Any mouse that doesn't get off track when you drag it really fast across the sceen, imo. (:
hinamizawan
I'm no top player but most insane maps are possible to FC with 800 DPI. Also MX518 is a great mouse.
KirisameTempest
Meh I use 2500dpi and osu at 1.0x. Not shire what my windows is set to but as for MHz I use 1000 cuz I play shooter and such and never bothered to change my profile for osu. I use a razed naga. And on topic of what I can play, I can play insane but streams are still a pain also I just use mouse buttons for clicking, could never get the hang of using mouse + keyboard
Kubu
700 (or 800, idr) dpi and 1.0x at osu.
M i l o t i c
1600 dpi and 1.0x at osu!

i hear that increase mouse sensitivity in osu! will dicrease the accuracy on the mouse movement?
cococococo_old
how i see dpi?
M i l o t i c
is there any writeing on your mouse say any thing about dpi??
show more