forum

[Archived] Compatability Mode machine BROKE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Moe Lester
Problem Details: I had accidentally clicked the "compatibility mode" setting, and it instantly restarted my game (with no prompt asking if I had understood what this did). Then, I tried re opening it, and it crashed. Over and over and over until I was sure it wouldn't fix itself. It says "Cant find the name of the Intel IDC OpenGL driver" Also, this:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zZjYKHpuRzWjvEgHNFxLVfZJfC2u5.#=zqtqcJFA=(Int32 #=zblFwaHQ=, Int32 #=zncvlaVU=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zQzjV$Ck=)
at #=zjtbDwLqK14NGAiLA3Y3SGUc=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at #=zze2uL$ZDyfLAxFO$Y0dErTYWdkWS.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/q1BoQ

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
You can disable compatibility mode by navigating to your osu! folder, opening the file "osu!.pcname.cfg", and setting the line "CompatibilityContext" to 0.

Otherwise, update your Intel graphics drivers. Intel released a fix for this specific issue a while ago. This should allow you to open your game again and disable compatibility mode normally.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/