forum

[resolved] Latency and frame rate issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
decearingeggs
Problem Details: My latency was around 4.3ms this morning, and now it has spiked up to 35ms. My framerate has also went from 240 on the setting page to 30, and that's not even when I'm playing. The sudden drop in my laptop's performance is leaving me unable to play osu. Interestingly enough, my computer still handles Steam games just fine with no noticeable difference in performance. I downloaded the Windows Fall Creators Update overnight, but like I have mentioned earlier, performance was fine this morning. I have reset osu, but no difference. I have no background programs running (besides my web browser), if that helps. I use Stable, and Cutting Edge doesn't seem to help. Excuse me for being both a computer and osu noob. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9567722

osu! version: 20171106.5stable
Dntm8kmeeatu
This normally happens when osu! loses focus and goes into background mode to prevent unnecessary GPU usage when tabbed out. Though this seems to be happening more often with newer Windows updates, in situations where it shouldn't apply.

Just to be sure, make sure your Laptop is plugged in. or your Power Settings are set to high performance in Windows.
Topic Starter
decearingeggs

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

This normally happens when osu! loses focus and goes into background mode to prevent unnecessary GPU usage when tabbed out. Though this seems to be happening more often with newer Windows updates, in situations where it shouldn't apply.

Just to be sure, make sure your Laptop is plugged in. or your Power Settings are set to high performance in Windows.
Thank you, that solved my problem!