forum

[Archived] Performance Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cheon-Il
Is osu! an intensive game to run? I've been having performance issues with osu!, and I think I should be able to run the game smoothly. I'm playing on windows 10 on an xps 15 9550, and I have the latest drivers from Dell and Nvidia. The gpu is a 960M, and the cpu is an i7-6700HQ @2.60 GHz. One of the problems I've been experiencing are stuttering/lagging frames both in-game and in the menu screens. I've experimented with the settings, but none of them fixed the issue. I find it strange since I can easily hit 60 frames on vsync and the 240 fps cap setting as well, but it doesn't look smooth at all.

I'm not sure about this next issue, but my monitor's native resolution is 4k, and these performance issues force me to play at 1080p. However, when I change osu!'s resolution to 1080p fullscreen in the client, the game will be forcefully placed in the top left quarter of my screen at 1080p. This is obviously not what I want. I've tried editing the values in the config, but that doesn't seem to help. Is there a way for me to resolve this issue as well? Otherwise, I'm only left with the option of changing my computer's resolution to 1080p and signing in and out of windows every time I want to play osu!

I also have a Wacom Intuos CTH-480 with the latest drivers and windows ink disabled. I've gotten used to playing with ~5 ms input, but is there any way for me to decrease this any further?