forum

[Archived] huion 420 most likely pen problem. (hovering)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rejoiner
Hi! So, my pen works fine hovering when i got tip on. But when i take tip off it works for like 4-5minutes and stops working. Then i have to put tip back in and take it off and it will work that 4-5minutes again. This is really strange and some kind of solution would be really nice!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
"take tip off" you mean hover?

The h420 pen has firmware that causes the pen to go to sleep after a couple minutes to prevent unnecessary battery drain. You will need to incorporate tapping the pen to the tablet surface semi-regularly to keep it awake.
Topic Starter
rejoiner

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

"take tip off" you mean hover?

The h420 pen has firmware that causes the pen to go to sleep after a couple minutes to prevent unnecessary battery drain. You will need to incorporate tapping the pen to the tablet surface semi-regularly to keep it awake.
Well, i think i make my question more simple. Does people use tips/nibs when they hover in osu or only in dragging? (little black tip which wear while using it and u have to change it after some time while dragging). Becouse if people dont use it while hovering, how can you make your pen not to go to "sleep mode" after a while. I cannot find way to press my tablet with my pen without having tip/nib on it to avoid "sleep mode". So i have to put my tip/nib back on and take it off to make it work for couple minutes more again. If people use tip/nib while hovering, how come it feels that my tablet doesnt react same way when i hover with that tip/nib on it?

Nibs that im talking about: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1I06tLFXX ... Stylus.jpg
Dntm8kmeeatu
I don't understand the need to take the nib out? does the tablet work fine with it in? if so, just leave it in.
Topic Starter
rejoiner

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I don't understand the need to take the nib out? does the tablet work fine with it in? if so, just leave it in.
I mean, most people dont use nib while hovering right? For me atleast its much easier to not to use nib because my pen doesnt ever touch the tablet that way. Its kinda annoying when nib touches tablet mid song. And if i take nib out, my pen wont stay on more than that couple of mins and i cannot refresh that time any other way than putting that nib back on and taking it out.
Death
I would say most people leave their nibs in while hovering, there really isn't a reason to remove it.

Press F10 in game to disable mouse buttons and the rare occasion that your pen accidentally hits the tablet won't matter anymore.
Topic Starter
rejoiner

Death wrote:

I would say most people leave their nibs in while hovering, there really isn't a reason to remove it.

Press F10 in game to disable mouse buttons and the rare occasion that your pen accidentally hits the tablet won't matter anymore.
Okay, Thanks mate!