forum

[resolved] Osu Not starting/Crashing on my High Performance GPU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FreeVoda
Problem Details:
I have a laptop with an Intel Graphics 620 and A High performance NVIDIA GTX 950m

Whenever I try to start osu using the Intel GPU it starts fine and everything seems okay, however I notice the Low FPS I get with such a bad Video Card and thus i want to start osu with the high performance NVIDIA Card so I right click osu.exe and choose the nvidia GPU here :

However if i did that Osu! simply doesn't start and crashes with an error two times in a row

after clicking ok two times i get the crying peppy window and here is the log for the error :

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zZjYKHpuRzWjvEgHNFxLVfZJfC2u5.#=zqtqcJFA=(Int32 #=zblFwaHQ=, Int32 #=zncvlaVU=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zQzjV$Ck=)
at #=zjtbDwLqK14NGAiLA3Y3SGUc=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at #=zze2uL$ZDyfLAxFO$Y0dErTYWdkWS.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zyWC7LzuxR7OP7HtMRbUMiSw=.WndProc(Message& #=zkM3WRN4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)

Things I have tried to fix this with no hope :

1 - Re-installing Osu!.
2 - Re-installing windows.
3 - made sure i have all .net frame works and run time libraries.
4 - Updating my drivers to the latest version manually and by using Driver booster.
5 - trying to use an older driver for my GPU.
6 - used google :(.

I honestly almost gave up on running osu with the nvidia card and this posting this help request is my final attempt.

If you need any kind of information I'd be glad to submit them and I have already posted some files below that you may think it's required.

Laptop Model : Acer Aspire F 15 F5-573G-71GR

dxdiag log : https://pastebin.com/3YzXG97A
Kao
/t/607022

And where did you try updating? From Device Manager? Try from the website

Death wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Intel pushed a driver update a while ago to fix this issue. Make sure your Intel drivers are fully updated first.
Please try updating your drivers from their website as it should fix the issue: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Topic Starter
FreeVoda
Please try updating your drivers from their website as it should fix the issue: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
at first i tried to download the latest drivers from Intel directly but I got an error that the driver was not validated for this computer so I just used the OEM driver version however after learning to to install it and bypassing that check on youtube I manged to successfully fix it.

Thanks , you can close this now