Here comes the wall-of-text. Big apologies: Sorry I haven't noticed this map is on modding v2 side. I opened it directly from in game.
- 00:04:426 (9) - I think this is excessive. Even though you are trying to create some variation between the dkd and kdk, since this is the calm part 5-plets are too long. Same applies to every 5-plet at the calm section. I don't agree, I think if I do that, I would have to change the structure of the beginning entirely.
- 00:30:180 - I think you should add a kat here and move the spinner 1/6 to the right. The piano is clear on it but with spinner it doesn't fell like you're playing it. ok
- 00:51:117 ~ 00:51:556 - Between these, I think a ddkdkkd should exist instead of k ddddk to match the drums way better. Also 00:51:702 (141) - changing this to kat will emphasize the snare on it, and changing both of them creates a better flow. I'm not trying to match the drums entirely. It's matching melodies and music as a whole, not drums.
- 00:52:800 - Move this one to 00:53:093 - here (on actual kick sound), 00:53:239 - delete this and 00:53:385 - move this one to 00:53:532 - here by making a kat, which will result as d k ddk d kkd k. I encourage you to listen to how the song sounds with my map as the basis, not what the drums have here, then maybe adjust how you feel in the future of this mod (i know you cant) with how you comment on this kind of stuff
- 00:54:190 - Move this one to 00:54:117 - here and 00:54:410 - this to 00:54:483 - here (or delete it) to match the drums. I think what i've got currently does fit the drums or at least what I imagine it to be, better than that.
- ^ Same kind of issues exist on the next stanza so remember to change them all for the sake of consistency.
- 01:00:629 - The drum attack is a bit different compared to the first one, hence the pattern can be different. My suggestion is to change 01:00:995 - this to kat and swap 01:01:142 - 01:01:215 - these two which will result as dkddkkddkdkdkkd. I changed it in a different way that sort of solves what you think
- 01:08:239 - Start decreasing SV from here to create a smoother change, because the next patterns are overlapping right now. Dunno how I could make it better, I think it's ok for it to be sudden since it's a sudden change in music.
- 01:05:971 - Changing this to kat will create differentiation between the previous pattern and this one, and also follow the drums better. I mean, I think it's fine. It's again, not really following drums.
- 01:07:654 - Considering you are following the drum attack, changing this to kat will actually emphasize the drum itself since the sounds on that note and 01:07:800 - 01:07:873 - these are pretty similiar. I guess?
- 01:15:702 - Break makes sense here, but a note is missing due to the drums. It's barely audible so it's fine
- 01:16:507 - Change to kat for the sake of snare on it. Again, I hear nothing
- 01:17:605 - Starting from here, the drum attack goes simpler, so should the stream. So, if you apply these you'll achieve it: 01:17:678 - kat, 01:17:824 - don, 01:17:971 - kat and 01:18:044 - don. I think it's alright as it currently is
- 01:18:776 - Please state your reason on splitting this stream while you've followed the exact same drums (except the attack) on start of this stream. Dividing it into patterns don't make sense to be honest. And, for all I can hear the patterns are following nothing right now, except the four kats in a row at 01:20:532 - this spot which clearly follows the sustained guitar. It is following the melody the guitar is playing, if it was all drums, it would be boring.
- 01:36:190 - ddkkdd(kkkd) fits better in my opinion, due to the guitar and drums. ok
- 01:36:921 - While the song goes similiar, the first structure doesn't match with this one. (I mean, starting from 01:27:556 - this spot.) Consider making them similiar. My suggestion would be the first one because it follows the vocals good. I'm trying to switch it up constantly, while also following what I consider to be important, it's not supposed to all be the one thing.
- 01:44:458 - Due to drum attack, change this to don, and 01:44:531 ~ 01:45:116 - between these kkkkdddd fits way better. I have no idea what this would achieve other than being really hard and annoying
- 01:53:897 - 02:03:263 - While comparing these two, I liked the 2nd representation on guitar (d kdd k). You can make them similiar. I think it doesn't make much of a difference does it?
- 02:03:995 - The doublet makes sense. But, it is also missing on 02:04:434 - 02:04:726 - these notes. Consider adding to them as well. I already mentioned on #taiko, they have clear and distinct sounds imo.
- 02:06:702 - 02:06:848 - I think you should remove these. Even though the vocal is strong there shouldn't be a pattern like that because it breaks the entire structure. It feels pretty empty without them, but consider how it just feels more bouncy and full with it.
- 02:09:043 - Delete this too. d kkddk fits well due to drums and vocals. here I think you're just wrong, I hear more drums there
- 02:10:214 - Also this one to maintain the structure. 02:11:531 - Delete this one as well.
- 02:14:385 - Umm, from here the ddk usage is a bit too much, variate the patterns a bit like using kdk on 1/2 vocals or kkd to reverse ddk. I use ddk specifically because 1. It sounds a lot like a specific drum pattern from an old map called Jehovahs Yehveh, and I thought it would be fun to do like a throwback style for some of the map, because it's actually very fun to play this pattern a lot with the drums like this I guess? I dunno, but I like it a lot.
- 02:19:068 - Starting from here, what are the patterns following? Makes no sense to drums, vocals or guitar. Maybe make them similiar to the first part, which means following drums. I mean it's following the drums on my ears.
- 02:23:751 - I think kiai is unneccessary here. It increases the usage a lot and it's not the chorus part. Should be enough to use it on kiai and guitar solo. ok
- 02:35:019 - My recommendation will be kdkkd to continue the vocal emphasize that you did on streams. I was kinda trying to make the ddk be like how he is ending his vocal phrase, it's like a proper closing of pattern.
- 02:36:555 (1,2) - Swap these to maintain the structure that you do on vocals.
- 02:39:336 - 02:39:482 - I think you should delete these and start the stream at 02:39:555 - this spot, with kdkdk, and 02:39:995 - change this to kat for the sake of crazy drums. It feels like another thing where this is barely audible for me.
- 02:41:019 (49,50,51,52) - kkkk suits better on those four, and 02:41:312 - starting from here dkkdkkdkkk is my suggestion to match the drums exactly, since your main focus is on it right now. Again, it's not really so much mapping to the drums as it is the music itself as a whole
- 02:51:995 - Change to kat to emphasize the snare, D d ddkd dk sounds a bit weird.
- 02:52:434 - Hmm. I have a good solution to emphasize both vocals and drums: Starting from here make this kddkkdk. While the kddkddk part emphasize the vocals the other kat will emphasize the snare. this was a mistake on my part
- 02:53:385 - Move this to 02:53:677 - here to emphasize the actual kick, 02:53:824 - delete this one and 02:53:897 - make this kat to emphasize the vocals on it. I get what you're talking about but I think I said already, this doesnt feel audible for me and it's just the drums. What i'm mapping is moreso everything.
- 02:54:775 - If you accept two above, also change this one. The most suitable one is kddkkdk again but kddkddk can be used to differentiate.
- 02:57:116 - And here, kdkkddk fits better with vocals.
- 03:04:580 - 03:04:653 - Change these to dons, and 03:04:726 - starting from here reverse all the colors till the end of stream to emphasize the guitar way better. On accept of the 2nd one, 03:05:751 - change this to don for a better flow.
- 03:18:775 - Unlike others, this is 1/4. So, change to 1/4 and make it don-wise. I recommend 03:18:702 - changing this to kat and 03:18:775 - starting from here, dddkkkd kind of start. The rest of the stream is good to me.
- 03:27:116 - I'm sure there is no 1/6 sound here. And, 03:28:141 - I hear three 1/4 sounds on this one. 1/6 seems excessive on both.
- 03:41:604 - If the reason of this intensity is guitar, I can say it's 1/3 there. The patterns are not following it properly, and I disagree on your usage there.
Change the notes to 1/3 and fit the guitar.
- 03:47:677 (20,21) - Swap these to emphasize the guitar and drums together, with a kat. 03:47:897 - Make this don if you accept the first one.
- 03:56:677 - There is a stop on guitar, so you can divide the stream by deleting 03:56:751 - this note and 03:56:824 - make this pattern 1/3 since the guitar on it is actually 1/3. kkdkdd fits in my opinion.
- Now I see the 2nd verse of this map is pretty similiar to the 1st one structure-base, so apply everything you accept from the first one to maintain consistency between the two of them.
- 04:43:799 (31,32) - Swap these two to emphasize the drums.
- 04:51:263 - This stream doesn't fit here, just follow the drums like you did before. A screaming vocal is not an excuse to put a stream like that, especially one that follows drums.
- 04:53:312 - The sounds are going 1/3 again. You used one pattern before on 00:52:142 - this part so you can use something similiar on this too.
- 04:53:604 - I don't think kiai is neccessary here either.
- 04:57:116 - How about k dkd? The main emphasize is on vocals so keep them following.
- 05:01:799 - kddkkdk is my suggestion here, for the same reason I stated before.
- 05:08:238 - Unlike other 3/4 snaps, the vocals are actually 1/2 there so I recommend kdkkd on this pattern.
- 05:09:409 - I think you should start the stream earlier here as well. Same with the other one I suggested at 02:39:555 - this spot.
- 05:12:043 - 02:41:897 - These two should be consistent. I know the 2nd one contains guitar and you're following it but the first one also includes continuous drums and it's a reason not to divide the stream there.
- 05:50:300 - I think starting from here the patterns can follow the keyboard pitch better. Consider changing the notes to kats on higher pitches and dons on lower pitches since the notes are actually on keyboard sounds.
- 05:58:700 - I don't think these are 1/3, I can hear 3 notes on 1/2, consider them changing.
- 06:08:268 - Same reason as above, also 1/2 1/3 feels really good here, d d (dddk) d fits well. Don't forget to arrange the SVs by the way for a smoother change.
- 06:14:121 - 06:15:438 - These triplets felt random to me. The maximum snap is 1/2 and besides those the notes are actually in 1/2, so maintain the structure by deleting the middle notes at 06:14:194 - 06:15:511 - these two spots.
- 06:29:341 - The SVs are increasing too much, change all of them to 1.60x for a smoother look, since the last two ones that has 1.80x and 2.00x SV and makes the finishers too overlapped with other notes and non-readable.
- 06:46:316 - 5-plet is required here due to the drums because there is a sound on 06:46:536 - this spot. My suggestion will be adding kat.
- 06:58:609 ~ 06:59:633 - I think between these spots you should reverse all colors to emphasize the high guitar with kat and low guitar with don. dkdkdk doesn't seem to fit for me.
- 06:59:780 - The sound is in 1/3, so dkkd 1/3 works better.
- 07:02:267 - Change to kat for a better pattern since kddkd doesn't fit the music here.
- 07:04:902 - As discussed before, this stream is a bit long. 07:05:267 - Delete this to match the structure at least.
- 07:47:291 (27,28) - Kats on them? The snare is really strong.
- 07:50:705 - Starting from here, I hear 3/4 instead of 2/3. Try following drums since it doesn't already follow vocals there.
- 08:00:461 (103) - Kat fits better here I guess. To differentiate the vocals.
- 08:10:461 - Starting from here, I recommend kdkkddd until 08:10:900 - this spot because of the vocals.
- 08:11:266 - Change to kat to lower the usage of kdkdkkd since it's too repetitive on the stream. It will also match the vocals.
- 08:25:608 - Move this to 08:25:900 - here to emphasize the actual drum. And, since the suggestions are related on this part I'll write it down on one line:
08:26:778 - 08:26:998 - delete these, 08:27:949 - move to 08:28:242 - here, 08:29:120 - 08:29:339 - delete etc. etc. You get the main idea I think.
- 08:32:266 - The stream starts early, make the patterns similiar until 08:32:852 - this spot. And, starting from that spot I presume you tried to follow the story teller but uhh, it's not 3/4 it's actually on 1/2 so I recommend the same usage I explained on 02:39:555 - this spot.
- 08:40:535 - 08:40:900 - 08:40:974 - Change these three to kats to avoid more monostreams to not piss of ddkk players emphasize the slightly higher drums on them.
- 08:44:120 - 08:44:193 - 08:44:413 - 08:44:559 - 08:44:632 - Change those to kats as well.
- 08:47:486 - Keep the 1.25x SV on this note and 08:46:900 - increase them starting to 1.5x by a difference of 0.3x tops since these are way too fast right now.
That's all from me.
You get the point I think, I'm honestly tired of doing this and v2 wont let me edit so basically I'll add anything that isn't talking about drums or following music