forum

Question for osu! as a community

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DavidStojke
Why do people connect osu! with anime when it clearly should be connected with music, I know anime community has influenced game a lot but lets not forget what this game is all about. Whenever I ask people do they know what osu! is 90% of the time their answer is "That anime game where you click circles" ...
Doesnt this bother you at all??
Sandy Hoey
It does not bother the majority of users because the majority like or don’t mind anime. There are users that find this extremely annoying and they pop up everyone once and a while to complain that they don’t want so much anime style art on the computers (main menu, backgrounds, etc)
Lyawi
I don't wonder when the game is full of cute anime girls tbh. But as long as you have your fun here you shouldn't care what they think of that
Jump Farmer
A lot of anime music on here, a lot of anime profile pictures here, most of the community is anime lovers. I don't care, I click circles for fun while not liking anime. But most people irl don't know I play video games.
E m i
why do people connect unidentified avatars of unidentified drawings of unidentified characters
with anime

mwuhuhu
Topic Starter
DavidStojke

KysDigiDanPixel wrote:

A lot of anime music on here, a lot of anime profile pictures here, most of the community is anime lovers. I don't care, I click circles for fun while not liking anime. But most people irl don't know I play video games.
Are you hiding it or you just dont have a chance (or anyone) to talk about games??
henry11hei
is most likely people thinking this way
like people think anime fan as weeb

so playing a game with many Anime music will make make people connect those
I also been called weeb for playing osu
Jun Maeda
Well, It doesn't bother us its all pink so thats why anime is commected with osu xdd
Ryu Sei
Generalization rules. But it doesn't bother me.

At least, I don't get some question like 'whoa, you're playing that weeb game again?' thing or such. Worse thing I heard is 'this is like osu but' thing, when people refer to other rhythm game.
Z V I E R A T
Still waiting for buzzfeeds 30 question white people have for osu player, this will probably be one of the questions
Zafufu
Osu! attracts with both it's music and anime influenced community. It's made clear the moment anybody visits the site. Most of us like both, and enjoy a community where we can talk about both (have subforums for this reason). Asking why it's like this is simply answered by saying "That's just how it is." It doesn't bother us because we knew what we were getting into when creating accounts.
B1rd
uhh firstly it's pronounced "ah-ni-meh" not "ani-may" and secondly my avatar isn't from anime (アニメ) it's from the cover art of a light novel (ライトノベル), not that I would expect you to know that, ばか外人. So yeah if you don't understand Japanese culture I don't know why you're hating on us so much... we are just a community devoted around superior Japanese culture and music... go listen to Justin Bieber or whatever...
Akanagi

DavidStojke wrote:

Why do people connect osu! with anime when it clearly should be connected with music, I know anime community has influenced game a lot but lets not forget what this game is all about. Whenever I ask people do they know what osu! is 90% of the time their answer is "That anime game where you click circles" ...
Doesnt this bother you at all??

Maybe it's because the game's music is 99% anime / weeb related stuff, 99% of the users use anime avatars, and 99% of the songs in this game use an anime background, and a huge part of the skins use anime pictures, too.

I don't connect osu! with anime exactly, but definitely as a game that attracts "weebs". I don't see why it bothers people that much, though. If it's fun, it's fun and I'll play it.