forum

Difference between SV and BPM changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NightNarumi
Hey guys, I am making a sv maps right now and I was thinking what the difference is between a SV change and a BPM change.
For example, if I take a section where I use two SV changes (beginning with 1.5x for the first half and a 0.5x for the latter half), does it give any difference (visual looks) if I use BPM changes with the same proportions? I tried it out a bit, but I am not so sure yet.
Srry if this is a dumb question, but I am still kinda a noob with mapping.

Edit: Oh and any ideas how I should get my map modded? Are there queues that also handles sv maps or is it better to ask someone directly?
abraker
SV is speed factor relative to BPM. By default the SV is 1.0x. and anything lower or higher would just mess with how fast the notes scroll down by stretching the section of the playfield

BPM is absolute, and any change in BPM would also cause a change in the rate at which the playfield scrolls. To fix the change in scroll speed you need to add SV, remember which is relative to BPM, to compensate for the changes in scrolling. So BPM went twice as fast? SV now needs to be 0.5x to bring it back to normal.

you can go queues. I also do regular modding related to making sure the map place nicely, though I really prefer it be done ingame.
Bobbias
BPM changes also create new measure lines, and allow for full stops with 0 BPM.
Topic Starter
NightNarumi
Oh okay, thx for the replies.
And is it possible to get that 0bpm? ‘cause if I try that osu reverts it to 15 bpm.
abraker

NightNarumi wrote:

Oh okay, thx for the replies.
And is it possible to get that 0bpm? ‘cause if I try that osu reverts it to 15 bpm.
Edit the .osu file inside the beatmap folder