forum

[duplicate] Mapping: Slider Velocity Limitations

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Azshira
Is there any practical reason for limiting slider velocity changes with the in-game timing menu?

Like how you can't go below/beyond 0.5x-2x slider velocity in standard mode, and if you want to have slider velocity changes that go under/over these values you need to change game modes, or edit the variables in notepad...

This limitation does not stop people from using extreme slider velocities, it just serves to make it more annoying to use these SVs. I mean if you're not going to stop such values from being implemented why limit them in the first place?

I can understand the thought process behind why it's limited, but it's one of those things that sounded better in theory than in practice, as it doesn't really stop anything other than make it tedious and annoying.

It's not like removing this limitation would do any harm whatsoever, why is it still here? Mapping slider spam ("wub") maps is already tedious enough with all the volume and sv changes, why make it extra annoying if you want some aesthetics or if you screwed up the damn base slider velocity when you first timed the map, let's face it fixing that later in the development of a map is pure cancer.

I hope that this limitation is removed in osu!laser at least, it's not the end of the world, obviously people have managed with it but it's about time it was removed, it's not like this would be hard to implement, you're just removing a line of code that states what values can be select-able within the timing panel, now I'm no programming expert, but considering that this limitation can already be circumvented, and given the function of the code, removing it would not cause any bugs or problems with the rest of the game.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a nice day
Kondou-Shinichi
I support this idea. Removing this will make making troll maps much easier
Endaris
Duplicate: t/392760&start=0