forum

[resolved] Editing improvements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
termerys
Ok, I just have ideas about the editing beatmap with multiple mappers in 1 diff (collab). It's quite complicated for newbie mappers to such stuff, it results the delayed of beatmaps from waiting for to do each part. So, I just want to suggest my opinion that I think it would help to improve making beatmaps

1. A feature that allows players to create their own channel for beatmap discussion or making a collab diff. This can be even magnified for the larger community of osu. Perhaps creating their own channel? t/19891
  2. Real time editing spectating.
  3. Something like Google doc where people can mod real-time, making collab diff from many mappers at the same time.
  4. (Secondary) Make editing mode full-screened
  5. (Secondaty) Fix the frame rate drops in editing mode from Alt+Tab out and in. For me, it causes frame rate to drop from 120-150 fps to 20-50 fps. It's quite annoying. The fix? I have to return to the main menu and open users panel. It fixes the problem, but I want to see more essential way to fix it.
Well, that's all for now, I think. Hope you guys would agree with me. Thank you.
Sakura
Ok let's see:

1. You can do that externally pretty easily
2. Livestreaming software can help with this, in fact it includes also it's own chatting channel which can help with the above.
3. They can do so in said chat channel, like they do IRC-Modding.
4. Not possible, due to the menus that editing mode has (afaik)
5. osu! when inactive always drops framerate not only when editing, and it should go back to full when the screen is active again, if it's not, then it's a problem on your computer.
ziin

Sakura Hana wrote:

1. You can do that externally pretty easily
2. Livestreaming software can help with this, in fact it includes also it's own chatting channel which can help with the above.
3. They can do so in said chat channel, like they do IRC-Modding.
4. Not possible, due to the menus that editing mode has (afaik)
5. osu! when inactive always drops framerate not only when editing, and it should go back to full when the screen is active again, if it's not, then it's a problem on your computer.
1. Not with timing links
2. Especially in the US, people have extremely poor upload speeds. I was stuck at 40 kB/s for years.
3. The beatmap owner could upload the map and have designated editors so that multiple people could update the difficulty. But google docs would work almost as well
4. I don't care, I only use windowed
5. I have to move the window to get fps back to its real value. The reported framerate is says it's fine, but the actual framrate is maybe 10 fps.
Stefan
2. has been requested with t/108829
3. can be created by the user himself, not hard to permit other people for access.
4. is possible nowadays.
5. not sure if that is really related to a specific issue.