forum

[Archived] Computer Crashed and won't work after downloading Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnderazerX
I just downloaded Osu and I was playing it for the first time (I was not lagging at all), and when I clicked menu the screen went black. I waited a few minutes and it would not work so I turned my computer off. When it came back on I got the Windows 10 blue screen. It restarted and when it came back on I got the "choose an option, troubleshoot" menu. My computer is not working at all and it was working fine before I installed Osu. I have Kaspersky but that did not say anything about a virus being detected. Please help. I honestly don't know what to do!
Upskirt
Just run startup repair, that can be found in the troubleshoot menu.

It will fix 99% of problems.
Kondou-Shinichi

Venzire wrote:

Just run startup repair, that can be found in the troubleshoot menu.

It will fix 99% of problems.
usually startup repair is done BEFORE loading to the troubleshooting menu, ie the startup repair should’ve been done but didn’t solve the problem (countary to popular belief, startup repair won’t fix major problems) (atleast for me)

I would like to know the bluescreen stopcode so i can help on the troubleshooting (the non-english hexadecaminal stuff at the left bottom corner)
with that stopcode we’ll know what caused it to bluescreen at the start

Troubleshooting methods you can try
go into troubleshoot, then advanced option
1. try going to startup option, click the restart button
when booted up, choose the fifth (or) the seventh option (by using F5 or F7)
2. try system restore (although you may not have it)
3. Find the bluescreen stop code

if the problem is solved, please also tell us too
Topic Starter
AnderazerX
None of that really worked. Took it to Best Buy and they had to reinstall Windows but other than that I'm fine now. I'm probably gonna stay away from Osu, even if it was not the problem, just in case. Best Buy could not find the problem