forum

[Archived] osu gets horrible frame rates while recording with Bandicam?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LucyAkuzumi
Problem Details:

It's been almost a month since I've last recorded an osu gameplay of mine with Bandicam. Just awhile ago as I press my Record hotkey, the frames dropped from 60+ to 15 or below at a stable rate and that's only while Bandicam is recording. It's not like this with my other games. Did osu have an update that caused this or is it just on my side?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

If you'll notice the frames I was having during this time (took the screenshot while it was recording).

osu! version: b20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Do you have an FPS limit set in Bandicam?
Topic Starter
LucyAkuzumi

Death wrote:

I don't. Otherwise, my other games would have the same frames. I tried recording with the same presets for other games to make sure it wasn't because of the recorder itself and it isn't. It's just with osu. It wasn't like this a few weeks ago.
mouzee

LucyAkuzumi wrote:

Death wrote:

I don't. Otherwise, my other games would have the same frames. I tried recording with the same presets for other games to make sure it wasn't because of the recorder itself and it isn't. It's just with osu. It wasn't like this a few weeks ago.
your computer could be slow tho not sure how fast it is you could write the specs below.
if your computer isnt weak at all you could try other programs like obs and look if you have the same problem.
Toxi
If youre only getting around 60fps to begin with, than i dont know why youre trying to record.
honestly don't even know how you play at 60 fps
Eternal_Ohm
Same thing happens with me I get 650 - 700 FPS and it just drops to 400 FPS when recording and it's really choppy oddly
Beard
I have the exact same problem but with OBS. Every time I try to record osu! either doesn't record (it just stays at a black screen) or when osu! does record the framerate is around 10fps. Before recently I could record osu! with OBS perfectly with 1000fps, but now for some reason it dips severely low.
Kondou-Shinichi
i bet its a bad pc to begin with
SporkSlinger
Hey, so ive had a similar problem with recording software especially with osu!
So the program ive gotten to work the best being OBS Studio try some of these settings in your program and hopefully it will run smoother
I set fps value to 60/1080p because its hard to record at varying framerates and this seems to be the most optimized in my software
Recording format MP4, Downscale filter Lanczos (i dont know much about filtering im sorry)
Also set processor priority to high, as it may effect Bandicam more if it dosent have processor priority.
If all else fails try recording in windowed fullscreen as you usually have better framerate this way but if your recording your game as your playing you may get input lag.
Best of luck to you! this is all the information i have from my experience and i really hope it fixes your problem!
NepNep-

mouzee wrote:

your computer could be slow tho not sure how fast it is you could write the specs below.
if your computer isnt weak at all you could try other programs like obs and look if you have the same problem.
He said "It's been almost a month since I've last recorded an osu gameplay of mine with Bandicam.". Implying he has already recorded osu without any problems. So I doubt it's his specs.

LucyAkuzumi wrote:

Problem Details:

It's been almost a month since I've last recorded an osu gameplay of mine with Bandicam. Just awhile ago as I press my Record hotkey, the frames dropped from 60+ to 15 or below at a stable rate and that's only while Bandicam is recording. It's not like this with my other games. Did osu have an update that caused this or is it just on my side?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

If you'll notice the frames I was having during this time (took the screenshot while it was recording).

osu! version: b20170731.2 (latest)
Can you possibly try other recording software?