forum

[resolved] Cursor lag when clicking pen to tablet (CTL-480)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pnut
Problem Details:
*Only while in osu!* tapping the pen to my tablet causes the cursor to lag for ~15ms which can be a problem when doing jumps or just playing in general. Never had this problem outside of osu!.

Had this problem before, but most of the forum responses were able to fix it (updating drivers, disabling windows ink, going into services and restarting tablet driver, etc.) but after filtering through forums and subreddit for the last 36 hours, nothing I have tried has managed to resolve it.

What I have done:
Updated CTL drivers
Disabled Windows Ink
Disabled Flicks
Disabled Hold down for right click
Restarted my computer about a million times
Tried different pen nibs
Ensured that my tablet was plugged in properly
Ensured that nothing else was causing the input (such as mouse on my desk)
Disabled relevant tablet services
Trying different versions of osu! (stable, fallback, experimental)
Downloaded old Wacom drivers as a fallback

There might be more that I'm just forgetting to put here, but I just didn't want anyone to waste their time with recommended solutions.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Not sure how to record a video, but the problem is most visible when I hover my cursor in a tight circle, and tap my pen any time during the circle, which causes the cursor to stutter for about 15ms and then jump to where the cursor currently is in the tight circle.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Topic Starter
Pnut
Found the solution in a recent forum post so if anyone comes back to this later, this worked for me.

In Wacom tablet properties, there is a plus sign near the top right that allows you to make specific settings for each application. Click the plus and then go to browse, and find your osu.exe. THEN inside of your osu! specific settings, go disable Windows Ink.

I definitely had windows ink disabled for the "All Other" category, so even if you've tried that, I would suggest this solution.
Brosbe
Thanks a bunch for the solution!