forum

hi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deemoplayer47
i just realized how boring and unfitting my current username is, and i didnt expect i would love this game ;-;

But anyway, hi, I'm just some guy who loves music, looked for a rhythm game for PC because he doesn't have his own tablet/phone to play Deemo on, and ended up being into this game. I'm a competitive type of player, but not competitive enough to sacrifice school-related stuff, friends and health. I took inspiration from cookiezi ever since I started playing for skill improvement. Started with playing every map with HR on, aiming for S on majority of maps that I'm comfortable with, and oftentimes playing HR+HD right after getting S on the same map. Downloaded ranked maps with very difficult maps (like "Everything will Freeze", "IMAGE -MATERIAL-", "Classical Insanity", "xi - Blue Zenith", "The Promethean Kings", "Key of Timepieces", etc). 2-digit atm, still a long way from being 5-digit hahaha

I don't really care about pp. Even if I start caring about it, I'd rather get good first than farm and stay at around the same skill level, which is a short-term ineffective plan, really.

I also like mapping, of course on songs that I love, like ICE's. Most of them. :) A bit of love for xi, too, but I still prefer ICE. Just my taste I guess.
I also want to get better at mapping. There's a beatmap that I've been steadily working on since 3 days ago (felt like a week tho) https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1440147 and suffice to say, I'm quite dissatisfied with how it turns out. The pattern distortion is a little too sudden and too early @ (01:18:919 - 01:34:448), and it took me like 24 hours' worth of careful note placement to keep some sense of flow in the odd pattern... Wish there was someone who could help me get better at mapping... *sigh*

Since I can't take the in-game chat nor the osu! Discord seriously, I don't feel close to the community. Might mean I won't stay in this game for long. I'm the only one in our school who plays osu! anyway. In the meantime, I'll keep going. That's all.
hi
Stanvord
Hello :) welcome to osu! Enjoy your stay

The community is pretty open, just try talking to them and you'll make some friends
Velura
You better enjoy your stay here - after all - you will stay here forever :x

JK Welcome to the forums and the community :D
Jun Maeda
Welcome to osu and forums! :D