forum

How many Maps (ranked & un-ranked) are available?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Velura
If this topic is in the wrong sub-forum, let me apologize, I simply didn't know of a better sub to put this topic in :cry:

As the title suggests, I'd like to know if there is a concrete number - or a decent estimate - of ranked/un-ranked maps available somewhere. I do like to collect things, not in general but certainly when it comes to anything videogame related.
That's why I'd appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out.

For the most part I am only -really- interested in the standard gamemode, but it wouldn't bother me if all the other gamemodes were included as well.
I know I'm asking for a lot here and am in no way asking for a complete list or a complete DL-file. (that would be too much for my internet connection to handle in a reasonable time anyway :cry: )

Any and all help will be much appreciated :)
Kondou-Shinichi
rough estimate:

50k ranked diffs (not sets)
1400000 unranked diffs
Emerold
Heyhey,

the total amount of submitted maps can be easily checked by going into the songs folder where all the sets are stored. The number infront of the folder is the number of the uploaded map.
Sure, many many many many maps which are submitted will never be ranked, but there you will have atleast a clear number.

And about ranked maps, well, i think its even more than 50k, cause i have already got around 44k diffs/maps and some years are missing.

By the way, there is a forum post which links to collections of almost EVERY ranked map in the game year by year: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/330552
If you really feel the need to get them all, that will be your best place. I have done this for the years from 2007 up to i think 2009 or 10 or 11 (+ the 4000 last beatmap-sets which are downloadable with the direct downloader you get from supporter.

Still, most maps are very low star maps (4* or less), keep that in mind.
Have fun collecting :P
Kondou-Shinichi
correction: maybe around 60k
Topic Starter
Velura

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

rough estimate:

50k ranked diffs (not sets)
1400000 unranked diffs
Ugh, that's quite a lot more unranked maps than I expected :o
But thank you for the estimate, much appreciated :)

- [ EMEROLD ] - wrote:

the total amount of submitted maps can be easily checked by going into the songs folder where all the sets are stored. The number infront of the folder is the number of the uploaded map.
Ahh, I didn't know that >:(

- [ EMEROLD ] - wrote:

By the way, there is a forum post which links to collections of almost EVERY ranked map in the game year by year: t/330552
If you really feel the need to get them all, that will be your best place
Yes I already knew about that thread and have been using it for some time now to download beatmappacks from 2007-now for around two to three days now, but thanks again for linking it :)

But thanks to the both of you for going out of your way to answer my question, thank you very much :oops: