forum

Free-For-All osu! Tournament #2 7k-20k & 20k-40k [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Redavor

Weeblings of old and of young ages; welcome to the Free-For-All osu! Tournament!
This tournament isn't actually free for all, but we're bad with names so this is what we're going with. Again.
Oh, but, we're doing 2 brackets this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This will start on the 18th of November 2017 and should be over by approximately the 3rd of December.

We currently have 32/32 players registered for the higher ranked bracket.
We currently have 16/16 backups registered for the lower bracket.
This bracket is now closed. Thank you for registering.
High bracket's sheet

We currently have 32/32 players registered for the lower ranked bracket.
We currently have 16/16 backups registered for the lower bracket.
This bracket is now closed. Thank you for registering.
Low bracket's sheet

Good luck to all players!

Prizes
1st place : 1 month of supporter
Everyone else : better luck next time

Rules
SPOILER
This is a free for all tournament, Head to head, Score V1, point system tournament.
An osu!standard tournament that is open to all countries globally.
The maximum number of players we will accept is 32 for each bracket. Player entry is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The rank limit, you must be within the time of registration to be accepted, is #7,000 to #19,999 for the higher bracket and #20,000 to #40,000 for the lower bracket. We will update the rank limit once the registration ends, but you need to be within the limit until it ends, not just at the time of registration. 500 ranks over is still acceptable (#6500 - #19999). If you derank from the higher bracket range into the lower bracket range, you will NOT be put in the lower bracket, but will be disqualified and vice versa. At that point, you need to register again, but for the lower/higher bracket. If you fail to do so, you will be disqualified.
Players will be seeded randomly. After first round ends, we'll randomize the players again, but this time using their first round placements as seeds.
There will be a new mappool for every round. Maps star rating will largely depend on your progress in the tournament. Roughly starting at 4.9 stars, to 5.8 stars max for the higher pool and around 4.5 start to 5.3 stars max in the lower pool. We will specify which mappool to use when in the general spreadsheet.
Schedules will be done for each group of players separately, but everyone will play on the same weekend.
We’ll try to stream everything. No promises though. Twitch link is provided at the important links above.
ALL announcements will be made on the Discord server, so we highly advise for you to check frequently for updates happening. EVERYTHING will be posted in the Discord, tournament-wise, and nowhere else. Find the link for the server in the important links section above.
We have the option to refuse players who have suspicious account details. Some suspicious accounts may include(s): newly created account with awkwardly high pp growth, weirdly spaced pp plays, and/or accounts with restricted/banned status. We will check player profiles constantly.
All other questions will always refer to here as a guide, or ask one of the admins in the Discord server, if you believe the question hasn't been answered or is unclear.
Tournament structure
SPOILER
This tournament is a 1v1 free for all Tournament. How does that work, you ask? Here, let me explain.
Who will play who will be decided by the way of a live drawing on our Twitch channel. There will be 4 groups with 8 people in each bracket, selected randomly.
All matches will include a referee and they will lead the match. In the match itself, all players should be present at the same time.
All 8 players will roll and the highest and the lowest roll can pick 1 warmup each. There will be no banning. After warmups, highest roll picks a person to start the host rotation (they can pick themselves) and that person picks a map and picking proceeds via host rotation system. Each player picks only 1 map in a game.
The map is played out and points are given out corresponding to the placement of players at the end of the map.

1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 8 points
3rd place = 6 points
4th place = 5 points
5th place = 4 points
6th place = 3 points
7th place = 2 point
8th place = 1 points

After points are allocated, host rotates and the next player picks a map. After each player has picked a map and that map has been played, the match is over.
Points from all maps are calculated for each player and the 4 players that have the highest amount of points proceed to the next round.

In the case of a point tie for the 4th place (4th and 5th place have the same amount of points), a random map from the mappool that hasn't been picked yet is selected and the winner of the map proceeds to the next round.
Match structure
SPOILER
The tournament matches will ALL include referees. The referees will create the rooms and invite the player they are assigned to. The players must join the room at the appointed time and play out their match. The referee will post the result with the multiplayer link in the #results channel in the Discord server.

1. Referee creates and sets up the room appropriately
2. Players join and !roll for points
3. Highest !roll selects first warmup
4. Lowest !roll selects second warmup
5. Highest !roll picks first map
6. Players pick maps until everyone has picked 1 map
7. 4 players with the highest amount of points proceed to the next round
Schedule
SPOILER
18.10.2017 Start of registration
10.11.2017 15:00 UTC End of registration
11.11.2017 16:00 UTC Live drawings
18.11.2017 & 19.11.2017 Round 1
25.11.2017 & 26.11.2017 Semifinals
3.12.2017 Finals

All matches will be played during the weekends, so make sure that you’re available.
Mappool
SPOILER
There will be 3 mappools. Each round gets a new mappool.
The mappools will be made out of 5 No Mods, 3 HD's, 3 HR's, 3 DT's and 3 FM's. There is no Tiebreaker because we'll be using a point system.
Free Mod is a forced mod, forcing every player to use at least one mod. Acceptable mods are HD, HR, FL and EZ.
After every week, we'll count how many times each map was picked and the least picked map in each mod pool will be in the pool for the next week as well.

First mappool will be announced after the live drawings. (11.11.2017)
How to sign up
To sign up, you MUST understand how the tourney works and abide by its rules. Due to the nature of this tournament, rescheduling will be virtually impossible. All matches will be played from 12:00 - 18:00 UTC; we will let the groups decide via a group vote on their times. After reading all of that up there, you must understand what you're getting into and being prepared to dedicate yourself to it.
To sign up, fill out this form with your information and comment below with it.
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]
Rank #
[u]Country[/u]
Higher/Lower bracket

[b]I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with little to no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.[/b]
Unless these conditions are met, your registration will NOT be succesful.

This is an example of how your registration should look like:

Redavor
#37,971
Slovenia
Lower bracket

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with little to no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
For any and all questions, you can shoot them at me or the moderators on the Discord server.
Topic Starter
Redavor
The tournament has been succesfully concluded! Thank you to all the staff for helping! Here are our winners:

High bracket:

Master_chan

Geckko
Big Lau
DrakonLong
T z U
nickstar23
SetsunaSaki
Rad

Low bracket:

HiddenSenpai

ShadowSlaya
akirakai18
ninjaforce02
ErroTheCube
Lefafel
Godot
mcgen

A big thank you to all the players that signed up and showed up. You're the best! :)
AnDyIsHere
AnDyIsHere
Rank #11 200
Romania
Higher bracket

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with little to no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
nikervm
NikerVM
#21,069
Russian Federation
Lower bracket

Panch_old_1
Panch
United States
Lower Bracket
Morfeusz
Wiikojc
#11,075
Poland
Higher bracket

zevakain
zevakain
#38,108
Russia
Lower bracket

Shga
Why register in one tournament when you can register in two
Shga
#34,500
Greece
Lower bracket

Godot
FluffyRedSheep
Rank #26622
The Netherlands
Lower bracket

Niegth
Niegth
Rank #13.8k
Germany
Higher bracket

Sparhten
Sparhten
Rank #35,797
Country Canada
Lower bracket

Smehi Senpai
Smehi Senpai
Rank #21706
The Netherlands
Lower bracket

What does this ToS say? I don't read that shit...
EchoEx
EchoEx
Rank #24,210
United States
Lower bracket

EclipZ
BeatingHeart
Rank #17670
Sweden
Higher bracket

Ronzabchu
Ronzabchu
Rank #22324
United Kingdom
Lower bracket
BcCinema
BcowCinema
Rank #27,068
USA
Lower bracket

- Doom
- Doom
#34,481
USA
Lower Bracket

Just Lucan
Just Lucan
#13,347
The Netherlands
Higher bracket

Lefafel
Lefafel
Rank #22,426
Finland
Lower bracket

Only because Joe asked.

Scorev1 belongs in the past, please stop using it for tournaments :(
YoshiLover456
YoshiLover456
Rank #28,840
United States
Lower Bracket

show more